Staying Current

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Sabrina59

Staying Current

Post by Sabrina59 »

How does one stay current on the new releases? Do you have to go to each website to see what their newest discs are or is there someplace in this vast interweb where it is all at one site?

Could ya'll please post some links?

Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

All the karaoke sites have new releases. Search "karaoke" and they all pop up.

Chart Hits Monthly puts out new discs every month. Chartbusters has them.

I usually buy the monthly discs. Country and pop. Chartbuster seems to have many country songs that never make it on the other companies.

Taking personal song rquests can do that too. Just buy what people request can keep your costs down. Maybe on custom discs.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I use ProSing as a reference. They keep up with new releases from all the major discs makers. Weekly I check the new releases against my database and if there's a song I don't have I buy the disc (unless the song is available as a single download from TriceraSoft).
KnoxvilleKaraoke

Post by KnoxvilleKaraoke »

I usually check Chartbuster once a week. They have a store here in town. I also look at buykaraokedownloads.com to see what they may have.
"If we were good we would be in Nashville."
"Let's Have some fun!"
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Thank you all for the information! Looks like I'm going to have to add some more favorites to my browser.

Knoxville ... if I haven't said it before ... welcome to the forum! :welcome:
Sabrina the Cat
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I no longer worry if I am current or not. Just that I have the songs that my singers request. I do it by request only. I have enough of a foundation not to worry about whether I have the latest releases.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

The main problem, as I see it, is new and or younger singers.

New singers MIGHT ask for something non standard and if you don't have it, you might have lost a potential regular.

Younsters ALMOST always want the newest stuff out, whether they shriek like Banshees, or not. Again, if you don't have it, or can't guarrantee to have it the following week, there's another punter heading elsewhere.

Really, is it SO much hassle to buy the latest Sunfly, or whichever at the end of the month to keep reasonably up to date?

The main problem has got to be the songbooks.

I doubt that the punters have any idea how much work goes into them, even if computerised.

Sandy
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Hiya Dan! I have about 9,000 unique song titles, so I have something for just about everyone. For the most part, I add songs only by request. What irritates me is when someone makes a request, I tell them I'll have it within the next couple of weeks ... then they don't come back for a couple of months. :x

Mnementh ~ Punter? Numpties? I think I know the general meaning based on the context these words have been used, but care to educate me and mind if I steal them? Especially numpty ... I just like the sound of that. :lol:

You make a valid point as well. I don't know how many "new to karaoke" songs are released in any given month so I can't really comment too much on doing this. I think that as long as we are willing to get songs that are requested we stay relatively current. I do this at least once a month.

But I also want to browse what is coming out to see if there are any new songs I want ... for me. :twisted:

As far as my books go; I think I have decided that I will prepare new books once a year. I print out new pages to add to my "New" section monthly. That way my books stay current as well without going through the cost of reprinting the entire thing.
Sabrina the Cat
KnoxvilleKaraoke

Post by KnoxvilleKaraoke »

I usually update every couple weeks. If I have time. I also redo my books every 3 or 4 months. The bar owner where I do my Saturday night show helps cover the cost.

Thanks for the welcome Sabrina. I appreciate it.
"If we were good we would be in Nashville."
"Let's Have some fun!"
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

I spent about $30 a book when I redid them in January. It was almost $200 for all of them. The owner of the Deli said she would help pay the cost since that is the only show we do ... I'm still waiting. :lol:
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Would she expect you to pay for her new menus? :D

I had 3 systems at one time. How much do you think I spent doing new books for that?
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

I didn't expect nor ask; she offered since hers is the only show we have.
:boxer:

You probably spent a lot more than I did. I presume you use a better quality binder at the very least. Mine are only used once a week, and by sober folks. :lol:
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I use better binders now.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Lately I buy 2 new monthly discs, 1 country and 1 pop and try to fill requests for specific songs. I don't order them the second they come out. I'll wait to have a big enough order to get the free shipping.

With the economy and singers that don't come as regularly as they once did and singers that end up not singing songs that were bought specifically for them, I have backed off of buying helter skelter just to up the count.

The special requests average 5-10-15 per month or two. Now you look to buy each one on a custom disc. If not you look for a best value disc it could be on and see how many new songs you can get on that disc.

I'm not worried about my individual count anymore. I have thousands of songs and I'll get the song you want if it's available. Can't do much more than that.

Seems no matter what, someone always asked for a song that I don't have. Or they tell me about a song they sing somewhere else. Most of those sings have been deleted. It's not like they can't find something else to sing.