Any Karaoke player that lets you record singing?

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
ZygsterZ

Any Karaoke player that lets you record singing?

Post by ZygsterZ »

I am looking for a good karaoke software program that lets you record people during their performances. I have seen hardware players that do that, but a software one would be great. I would prefer one that allows you to use Line In instead of microphone if possible. Also need it to be able to play from a hard drive. Not looking for a freebie software, just the name of one so I can go buy it.
Thanks.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I may be wrong but it seems to be that you should be able to run an adapter cable from the main out (non-amplified) of the mixer to the line-in of the computer and record this with any recording software or even Windows Sound Recorder. Saving the sound files in wav or mp3 format allows them to be played with virtually any software audio player.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

I don't have personal experience with this, but I have heard that Audacity allows you to do this.
Sabrina the Cat
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

both siglos programs, Compuhost and roxbox all have recorders built in.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

DanG2006 wrote:both siglos programs, Compuhost and roxbox all have recorders built in.
Too my knowledge you would have to have the microphone run through the computer to also record the singer with these programs. This is not the typical setup.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

wiseguy wrote:
DanG2006 wrote:both siglos programs, Compuhost and roxbox all have recorders built in.
Too my knowledge you would have to have the microphone run through the computer to also record the singer with these programs. This is not the typical setup.
Compuhost, Roxbox and siglos professional assume you're coming in through the line in from your mixer/amps rec out connections.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I don't know about CompuHost, and I'll have nothing to do with RoxBox, but Siglos Karaoke Professional default setting requires the microphone to be connected to the computer's sound card. In fact the first sentence of the user manual record instructions read "Before you start please make sure that you have microphone connected to your computer". Although there is an option to select line in as a source the manual has nothing about recording from a mixer.