Has anyone figured out how to connect to HDTVs?

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Bigdog

Has anyone figured out how to connect to HDTVs?

Post by Bigdog »

Soon every bar will be switching over to HDTVs.

Are we going to need some special connection device? Cables etc?

I'm talking about the RED, GREEN & BLUE connection issue.

soundtech

Post by soundtech »

are you useing computer or machine
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Computer, but that doesn't matter because I'm using a video processor that gives me every output connection option.

The HDTV I hook up to now has a place in the back wih 4-5 BNC connectors. I use an RCA to BNC adapter to the TV. The only way I know where to connect is because the guy that installed the TV system showed me. But as far as I can see the connection is not marked. So there is no way to know what I'm going in to. And each bar will not have the same TVs.

The other way I hook up to the rest of the bar TVs is by a wall connection with an adapter box that has Red, Green & Blue wires coming out of it.

If I bought a connector box like that one ($160-200) will I be able to hook up to the back of any HDTV that has the RGB connectors on it?

Will all the HDTVs still accept an RCA video input?

That connector box switches the analog video to RGB. I was told that the RGB makes the picture quality better.
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Most of the HDTV's I've encountered have a VGA connection so I have a high quality 25 foot VGA cable that I use. You can also get connectors that break out the RGB from the VGA so you could connect that way too.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... _-17707055

This is the box the bar uses.

It has the gray wire with the RGB ends on it plugged in. I hook my RCA video wire in one end of the box and the RGB wires plug into the wall recepticle with RGB ends.