Does anyone use MTU's Hoster 4.xx program?

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
searcherone

Does anyone use MTU's Hoster 4.xx program?

Post by searcherone »

I've been using Hoster for quite a while and got very tired of trying to keep my songbooks up, so I wrote a remote sign up program that let's the singer locate a song using dynamic searches with auto complete and then sign up for the song. The program has two parts since I don't have access to the actual Hoster singer list and wanted to keep control over how singers get enterred. One part runs on the Sign up PC the other (manager) runs on my Hoster Unit. Both Pcs are networked. SongBooks are now optional and my current list of songs ifs a copy of the database Hoster prints songbooks from and updates everytime a cd is ripped into Hoster. There are quite a few other features as well. If anyone is interested I'll email it to you FREE...

C. Staley

Post by C. Staley »

Here is a karaoke kiosk 2 minute demo video...

http://dkusa.com/video/songfinder.wmv

No, sorry it ain't free... but it's been around for 4 years and works with just about everything.
searcherone

Post by searcherone »

My program isn't touch screen, but it does exactly the same thing. Yes it only works with MTU Hoster and uses the hoster database so I only have maintain my files in one place. So let's see $179 been around 4 years, works with other programs I don't have or Does the same thing, no touch screen needed, can run only any junk PC I have laying around, been around 4 months, and oh Yeah ...ITS FREE... Which one will I choose.... ???? If I don't like it I can delete it ... Worth a try ???
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

How difficult would it be for you to make this work with other programs? I would like to try it out in conjunction with my books but I use JustKaraoke.
Sabrina the Cat
searcherone

Post by searcherone »

It depends on the program and how they store the songlist. All of the karaoke programs I've seen so far use a database to store a list of the songs on disk. Depending on if the database is protected or not would determine if I can create an import utility or access a copy of the database to do the song searches. won't crack the protection on someone else's database. I'm currently looking at Sax & Dotty's. You'll have to send me a copy of the songlist file to look at. Hoster's song list is an open MS Access Database separate from their program.
C. Staley

Post by C. Staley »

searcherone wrote:My program isn't touch screen, but it does exactly the same thing. Yes it only works with MTU Hoster and uses the hoster database so I only have maintain my files in one place. So let's see $179 been around 4 years, works with other programs I don't have or Does the same thing, no touch screen needed, can run only any junk PC I have laying around, been around 4 months, and oh Yeah ...ITS FREE... Which one will I choose.... ???? If I don't like it I can delete it ... Worth a try ???
You know, I'm not badmouthing your software at all.... just presenting another option... and no, you don't have to have a touchscreen monitor, it has 2 interfaces - one for touchscreen and one without, will run on a junk computer as well (as a matter of fact, it is designed to do exactly that). And yes, it is compatible with other software; not just hoster (that lots of people don't own either).

it works with Sax & Dotty, Tricerasoft, Compuhost, Hoster, etc....