New program might make books obsolete for Compuhost users

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

From everything I've seen so far...most KJs would be better off spending the money to upgrade their sound system. It's more important hardware.

A computer to run the kiosk and the kiosk itself, won't improve anything dealing with sound. That is the problem area for most KJs. Bad sound, not electronically sending your song to a crap sounding system.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

C. Staley wrote:My apologies to the admins on the site.... I did not see the announcement in this section about video files.... (if it helps, it is a link to my personal web space and not stealing bandwith from anyone)
Not a problem. The linking to files rule is to prevent the posting of links to illegal music or software downloads.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I like keeping up with the latest technology but I can't see myself ever using a kiosk for taking song requests. I need to see who is handing in a request. Anyone can forge any name on a kiosk. On busy nights I would have some jokers thinking it's funny to turn in songs for other singers or make up names just to mess with the request system. They don't get by with this when every request must be handed to me personally.
C. Staley

Post by C. Staley »

They don't get away with it from me either... I have the kiosk positioned so I can see the face of every person that submits a song. If a guy is standing there and a song comes in with a girl's name on it... well.... you can see where this goes....

It really doesn't happen anymore than some nameless guy handing you a song slip that says "Mike G." and it's really for some other guy. you have no way of knowing until you call for that person.

Besides, if they mess with it too often, I tell them they're done for the night. they learn pretty quick.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

wiseguy wrote:I like keeping up with the latest technology but I can't see myself ever using a kiosk for taking song requests. I need to see who is handing in a request. Anyone can forge any name on a kiosk. On busy nights I would have some jokers thinking it's funny to turn in songs for other singers or make up names just to mess with the request system. They don't get by with this when every request must be handed to me personally.
I'm still getting the songs personally given to me. Mine isn't a kiosk per say but a song lookup station. They still have to come to me to get their song in.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

The way I find people in the crowd all night is from the slip-face recognition method. If a new singer gives me a slip I look at the slip and their face. Then I watch where they go in the bar. If I'm lucky they have a place to sit. If not, I at least get a general idea of where they might be standing or someone they are standing next to.

I get new people ask me... How will I know when it's my turn? I tell them I'll come and get them. When I find them they are impressed.

Many times the people that give me the slip are not the ones singing. I hand the microphone to the person that gave me the slip. Sometimes I get lucky and I actually guess who the singer really is. Because when I got the slip they say...Oh..it's not for me it's for my friend.
C. Staley

Post by C. Staley »

WARNING: The first post in this thread contains a link to "digitalsearchsystems.yolasite.com"

My Norton antivirus detected a computer threat located at the site and it is a threat named: BackDoor.Trojan

It is buried in an *.avi file (video file)

Please be advised that "yolasite.com" may be the webhosting company and the threat may NOT be one that has originated at DigitalSearchSystems.
--------------------------
Threat Report
Total threats found: 1

Viruses (what's this?)
Threats found: 1
Here is a complete list:

Threat Name: Backdoor.Trojan
C. Staley

Post by C. Staley »

By the way, CLICK HERE to see a pic of 2 of my songfinders.[url]

These are mounted on modified 2-wheeled carts
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

C. Staley wrote:WARNING: The first post in this thread contains a link to "digitalsearchsystems.yolasite.com"

My Norton antivirus detected a computer threat located at the site and it is a threat named: BackDoor.Trojan

It is buried in an *.avi file (video file)

Please be advised that "yolasite.com" may be the webhosting company and the threat may NOT be one that has originated at DigitalSearchSystems.
--------------------------
Threat Report
Total threats found: 1

Viruses (what's this?)
Threats found: 1
Here is a complete list:

Threat Name: Backdoor.Trojan
Might also be from youtube which is where the video link is from.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

digitalsearchsystems.yolasite.com checked out fine with my anti-virus and anti-spyware. It contains no embedded avi files. I don't know how or why you accessed the "redem" sub-domain. There is no redirect to it.

Also, youtube does not use avi files. They stream the flash flv format.
C. Staley

Post by C. Staley »

I didn't do anything unusual, just clicked on the links provided and Norton 360 popped up with the warning...

Wierd....
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

That's norton for you.