Soundcards

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
mollycat

Soundcards

Post by mollycat »

Soundcards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

Firstly I would like to thank all members for their invaluable advice in the past and hopefully this will be my last problem.
I have converted from a karaoke machine to using a laptop, I have brought a Trust SC-5500P 5.1 External Surround sound card and connected everything,I have played around with the sound card facilities but still do not feel that the sound quality is as good as when I was playing discs through a karaoke machine,Is this to be expected or is the sound card I am using not good enough.
Please advise me

Many thanks

Mollycat

OnTheMicDJs

Post by OnTheMicDJs »

I don't know too much about other brands or models, but I use M-Delta Audio 1010LT...Sound quality is great...good for recording too.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I use a behringer U-control sound card and it sounds great. It's a basic usb soundcard that outputs via rcs jacks rather than a headphone out. Much better sounding than that of the headphone out of my laptop.
mollycat

Post by mollycat »

Thanks for the replies, would the problem I have is because my sound card is "suround sound" as opposed to stereo

Ta

Mollycat
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Hey Molly, what exactly are you noticing is wrong with the sound quality? Are you getting distortion? Is the sound muddied (hard to understand vocals, not a "bright" overall)? It could be that simply setting your channel EQ on the mixer might fix your problem. I use a pretty cheap usb sound card and the onboard sound card (one for house music one for karaoke music) and I don't have any sound issues.

As far as the 5.1 causing it, my initial reaction would be no. Music off a CD is 2-track, meaning only left & right signals. Therefore all your content should be in those two channels which on your device are output through the "front" jack. The only way I could see that the 5.1 would cause an issue is if the soundcard's drivers have some sort of surround emulation mode where it attempts to turn the two track recording into a 5.1 output but I would think that you would have had to enable that and set it up (I Don't think it would be a default).

Hope that helps.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Can you change the sound card settings? Like to stereo. Are you over driving the sound to the card? My internal sound card sound perfectly fine. But I have a great PA system.
mwadeson

Sound card question

Post by mwadeson »

is anyone running a usb sound card with two outputs that is fairly cheap just want to try one before i buy a good one and where can i find it. Thank you
enzoab

Re: Soundcards

Post by enzoab »

mollycat wrote:Soundcards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

Firstly I would like to thank all members for their invaluable advice in the past and hopefully this will be my last problem.
I have converted from a karaoke machine to using a laptop, I have brought a Trust SC-5500P 5.1 External Surround sound card and connected everything,I have played around with the sound card facilities but still do not feel that the sound quality is as good as when I was playing discs through a karaoke machine,Is this to be expected or is the sound card I am using not good enough.
Please advise me

Many thanks

Mollycat
This box sets a new standard for sound!

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/ ... udio-2-dj/