whats everone using

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Markm

Post by Markm »

I just downloaded the trial version of Karma, it is simple enough for me, however I can't just play disks, I can only get songs from my hardrive, is there anything I am doing wrong?

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

No karma won't play outside discs. If you want a hosting program that will play discs then either Video Hoster or Siglos Professional is what you want. Personally I'd go with Siglos.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

DanG2006 wrote:No karma won't play outside discs. If you want a hosting program that will play discs then either Video Hoster or Siglos Professional is what you want. Personally I'd go with Siglos.
Actually if I were to play outside discs I would get an outside player instead of trying to play it through the computer. You'd need an a/b switch to switch between the two.
Markm

Post by Markm »

I purchased Siglo's professional, not as friendlt as Karma, but does play disks, my problem now is that all the songs I had in my harddrive when importing to sonf database, it brought them over and put them all under the file column, the same thing happens when I rip a disk to the hardrive, then import it it does not give me the artist and song title info for searching, I must be doing something wrong as I was able to get 1 disk come in right and I used (I think) the same procedure, the help screen was very sketchy for helping, I now am getting the hang of Siglos professional, but 95% of the time I will be using my hardrive and I just can't find the songs easy
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Are your discs in MP3+G format?

If so, then I would suggest you need to check the tags of your MP3 files.

If Siglos is like Karma, for example, then it might well be set to simply import the filename, rather than check the tags for the correct information.

Most programs that import MP3 files can be set up as "Number - Artist - Song" or any variation of that.

Sandy.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

if you have your tags set up then you need to check the box beside read from mp3 tag.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

You also have to tell it what the naming convention is to get it to put your items in the right field if you're not set up for tags.