No sound from PC mic

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
beancountertx

No sound from PC mic

Post by beancountertx »

I am new to computerized Karaoke. Want to rum home type system. Have pc, external monitor, pc speakers, Siglos Karaoke software, usb mic. I am able to play and view cd-g's but am not able to produce output sound from mic through speakers. Am only able to produce sound from mic when I record. Please help :cry:

You must be the change that you want to see in the world-Ghandi
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

First what operating system are you using as the way to change the settings for your mic are different between 98/me/2000/xp and that of vista.

You need to go into the audio settings and turn your mike on in the playback section.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

If it's a standard PC set up, then I assume you're trying to put your mic into the PC audio in and get it out through the PC audio out, mixed with the music on your PC.

If so, then you're wasting your time. You can turn the mic on till the cows come home but it will ONLY work when you hit "Record". The mic is simply ignored untill that button is clicked.

I first tried this when I went PC and thought that simply turning on the "Duplex" function of the audio card would allow this but IT DOESN'T!!! I researched this for weeks and couldn't get a solution that would

Without doubt, the easiest method is the standard one of "music from PC", "vocals from mic", both through a mixer or mixer/amp to speakers.

Sandy
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I happen to agree with mnementh on this one. Even if you could do it you wouldn't be totally happy with the result. Now an alternative is to get yourself a behringer minimix Karaoke machine, which I use for recording because of it's FX that's built in, hooked up through the line in jack on the computer. You can hear and record with it.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

The reason I wanted to do it was to minimise the number of "bits" I had to cart around.

I was hoping to use a software mixer on the PC and use a "Class D" module, also built into the PC (tower unit, not a laptop).

This would have resulted in a very compact system that would be very simple to move in and out of gigs.

However, as I said in my earlier post, I researched it for weeks and couldn't find a solution to the mic input issue.

Sandy
beancountertx

Post by beancountertx »

Thanks to both mnementh & DanG2006.:-)
DanG2006,
I was reviewing the manual for the minimix and it shows that the back part has one line in (Left/Right) and one line out (L/R) which of the two would go into my computer? Would the computer require additional software or a driver? I have my speakers connected to the headphone jack. Would both music and the vocals from minimix come through speakers? :?
Thanks in advance for your help :wink:
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

you would attach the out in the line in jack of the computer. Both the line in as long as it is not muted and the music should be heard. the neat thing is that you can control the mic volume from the minimix.
beancountertx

Post by beancountertx »

Great! Thanks for our help. :D
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

It also have fx which just going through the computer you would be missing.