updating Karma

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Markm

updating Karma

Post by Markm »

I am using Karma, I am ripping my cd's to my hardrive, I use the default Power cd+G gives me, plus I tried the diskid-track number- artist - title
and I still get everything under title, I have over 1000 songs not coming over properly, Karma's support is trying to help me, he keeps saying to follow the space format, I have tried that, any help would be appreciated,
do I go into my folders to rename all my files, is there any easy way
I am on vacation and trying to deal with this any help will be appreciated.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Deb's software's file renamer is a pretty good renamer.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Have you checked the MP3 tags with a Tag editor? There are loads of Freeware aditors online.

I'm not sure which version of the Tags Karma uses (ID3v1 or ID3v2) but if you make sure BOTH are present and correct, you should be O.K.

Sandy

EDIT
I've just tried an experiment with two CDG files.

I checked that BOTH tags were present and correct, then deleted the ID3v1 from one and the ID3v2 from the other.

I then fired up Karma and loaded the two files, where BOTH showed up O.K.

I then deleted the ID3v1 AND ID3v2 tags from the files and got the same problem you're having.

It seems that your settings for Power CD+G ripper are NOT appending the tags, at all.

Check your settings, accordingly.

Sandy
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi again,
As I also have Power CD+G Burner, I've checked the settings and as far as I can see, when the software converts from CD+G to MP3+G, it simply produces a track title in the format chosen.

It seems it does NOT generate an MP3 tag of either format.

You will need a batch tag editor to generate your MP3 tags from the file name and that's no problem.

Go here;

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia ... itor.shtml

I have used this program and while it's perhaps not the best, it does the job and it's pretty straightforward to use.

Have fun,
Sandy