Music Music Music

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
auditboy

Music Music Music

Post by auditboy »

What would be your top ten CDG Disc Company?.

is Sweet Georgia Brown and good?

Thanks

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

You will find Sweet Georgia Brown only has a few good tracks such as war Pigs/paranoid. Best quality out ther is: Sound Choice for general songs, Chartbusters for country (out of Nashville so go figure), Pop Hits Monthly for top hits from the last month or so. etc.
Zoom is great for UK hits and hard to find.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

In general, Sweet Georgia Brown sucks in my opinion. Pop Hits Monthly and Top Hits Monthly are virtually identical in quality (which is pretty good quality). Few will disagree that Sound Choice produces top quality CDG's although they are overpriced.

I have always liked StarDisc because they are economical (15 songs for the same price of 9 songs on other discs), they release the latest song titles well before the other companies, and they are comparable in quality with most other brands.
auditboy

Post by auditboy »

As Always..Thanks again
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

wiseguy wrote:

In general, Sweet Georgia Brown sucks in my opinion. Pop Hits Monthly and Top Hits Monthly are virtually identical in quality (which is pretty good quality). Few will disagree that Sound Choice produces top quality CDG's although they are overpriced.

I have always liked StarDisc because they are economical (15 songs for the same price of 9 songs on other discs), they release the latest song titles well before the other companies, and they are comparable in quality with most other brands.
On Star Disc, I have to disagree on. I'd rather sing a sunfly version of boulevard of broken dreams. Star Disc looks like they were produced by using MTU's version 3.100 of their Karaoke Home Producer karaoke making software, where they forgot to make them look professional and you can't tell who is singing on their duets.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

On Star Disc, I have to disagree on. I'd rather sing a sunfly version of boulevard of broken dreams. Star Disc looks like they were produced by using MTU's version 3.100 of their Karaoke Home Producer karaoke making software, where they forgot to make them look professional and you can't tell who is singing on their duets.
Stating a preference on a particular brand's version of a particular song is irrelevant. We all know that no single brand produces the best version of every song. I agree that StarDisc graphics lack the professional quality of some other brands but their audio quality and lyric synchronization is comparable to the most expensive discs. Adding this to the price per song ratio makes StarDisc one of the best deals in karaoke music.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

wiseguy wrote:
Stating a preference on a particular brand's version of a particular song is irrelevant. We all know that no single brand produces the best version of every song. I agree that StarDisc graphics lack the professional quality of some other brands but their audio quality and lyric synchronization is comparable to the most expensive discs. Adding this to the price per song ratio makes StarDisc one of the best deals in karaoke music.
True about all brands having stinkers. I happen to love Amerising's "Faithfully" and "When You Love A Woman" over Sound Choice's versions of the same songs, but that's cause I'm a lyrics purist.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Isn't it amazing how many songs, no matter what brand, have totally screwed up lyrics. That should be the easiest thing for them to get right.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I got no problem if the singer wants to improvise a few lyrics, but the lyrics on screen shouold be accurate to the version they are rying to do. Did you ever get confused when the old laser version of "You've got a friend" came on and you were expecting the James Taylor version and it's the Carol King instead.
glmmantis

Post by glmmantis »

I have been avoiding star disc for years
Just out of curiousity, I bought one about a yr ago just to see if they'd gotten any better.

they have NOT!!!

Lee
smet

Post by smet »

zoom are tops for me,followed by legends
teester

Post by teester »

Anyone got any updates to this? I just purchased an "All Star Karaoke" disc to get some Marshall Tucker songs and I'm returning it. Where MTB uses a flute, their version used a trumpet or something like that. It sounded unbelievably amateurish, just awful,

So I went online and saw Sweet Georgia Brown selling huge sets at really cheap prices. I figured I'd check here as there probably was a reason they were cheap and thanks again to you guys I know to avoid them as well.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Look at the sites that have musical samples you can play.

No company ever got every song right. So depending on the songs you're looking for may decide which company's version that you use.

I agree that nothing sounds worse that an artificial saxophone.

When I want to pick the best version to put in my song book, I pull up the original on Youtube and open another window and pull up the karaoke sample. Doing a side-by-side is the best way.

I only want the one that sounds as close as possible to the one I heard on the radio.
teester

Post by teester »

Bigdog wrote:I only want the one that sounds as close as possible to the one I heard on the radio.
Precisely!

Re listening to the version before I order, I tried to listen to one today on Sweet Georgia Brown I think it was, and didn't see where I could. That along with what appeared to be a very good price and I became skeptical.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

There are many karaoke sites to search.

You could ask one of us what version we use.