How to convert a karaoke dvd to cdg

Karaoke disc copying software and CD burners.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
neorican

How to convert a karaoke dvd to cdg

Post by neorican »

Hi,

I would like to convert certain songs from a big dvd karaoke disc to cdg's ---

I have the power cdg software , but of course that won't do it ---Is there any software out there available to do this ---

I have the ACESONIC DGX Kraoke player / recorder, But it wont let me record from DVD--

Thanks,,, Ralph

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

What type of files are on the DVD?
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
neorican

Post by neorican »

Its just a big collection of KARAOKE SONGS -- Not sure that I know what you mean by TYPE OF FILES---
A friend of mine put one of these discs together by lumping his CDG/s into a big DVD using NERO-

We are trying to do the reverse from My DVD DISC and do not know how to do it --I hope that I am explaining this correctly-

Thank you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ralph
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi neorican.
Sadly, I think you're on a hiding to nothing here, I'm afraid.

There are various software options to convert CDG to DVD but not the other way.

have a look here;

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?p=84073

It's discussed and puts forward a solution but it's NOT a conversion, as such.

Best of luck,
Sandy
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

neorican wrote:Its just a big collection of KARAOKE SONGS -- Not sure that I know what you mean by TYPE OF FILES---
A friend of mine put one of these discs together by lumping his CDG/s into a big DVD using NERO-
What I was asking is what do you see when you explore the contents of the DVD on a computer. Does it contain many separate song tracks or does it contain VOB and IFO files?

I really don't know what kind of DVD disc that could be created with Nero using CDG song tracks.
neorican

Post by neorican »

Hi,
I was mistaken in that the big DVD CDG was made by converting CDG'S using POWER KARAOKE DVD BURNER- and not NERO; and I apologize for my error-- IT contains only many song tracks .

But I have another DVD CDG disc with about 150 songs given to me by someone else and Of course I do not have the CDG's --- So I would like to pick the songs that I like and convert them to CDG'S----

I do have the power CDG BURNER, but I notice that there are many other software items ---Would any of them do the trick or maybe another Company?

Thanks again for all your help-- Ralph
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

neorican wrote:Hi,
I was mistaken in that the big DVD CDG was made by converting CDG'S using POWER KARAOKE DVD BURNER- and not NERO; and I apologize for my error-- IT contains only many song tracks .
Aaaah!

Now we are cooking by Gas!

I have made a few DVD's with Power Karaoke DVD and it doesn't, if I remember correctly, generate a "standard" DVD format, i.e. VOB files.

It seems it combines the CDG graphics + the MP3 audio files into MPG files.

I've found that I can get about 230 tracks (about 16 standard CDG discs) on a single layer DVD.

It's other function is to create a simple "Menu" style interface to make finding the tracks easy.

If you look at the DVD with Windows Explorer, you should find loads of MPG files and simply double clicking one should fire up media player and you'll see your Karaoke track appear there, complete with audio.

Unfortunately, I don't know if there is any software that will convert back to CD+G.

I've replied to your other thread, Re. the Power Karaoke forum and you might get some answers there.

Please note the comments above are from memory and I'll need to check a Karaoke DVD when I get home to confirm.

HTH,
Sandy
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

MPG files can in no way be converted into CD+G song tracks. Even if they were created from CD+G song tracks.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

O.K. just got home and checked a previously burned DVD and sadly, I'm only built like an Elephant and don't have the memory of one.

It is, in fact, a standard DVD with VOB ande IFO files.

So looks like it's pretty much impossible to convert.

On further checking, it's NEO+G discs that use the MPG format.

Sorry!

Sandy
neorican

Post by neorican »

Hi,

Thanks for all your help ----At least I know now that it cannot be done.

Ralph