FREE DOWNLOADS

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
neorican

FREE DOWNLOADS

Post by neorican »

I noticed a site where you can buy some software and then get free downloads --Is this a scam? http://www.karaokeinfo.com/

Thanks,,, Ralph

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

This is probably one of the finest con jobs I'v ever seen!

Anyone who parts with $60+ for this drivel deserves to be conned out of their money, because they are complete morons.

From the dross on the website, quote

"Are Downloads and File Sharing Legal? YES!

You can be assured that file sharing is legal and your purchase of our product is legal.

Share Responsibly. Millions of users download and trade files legally. File-sharing is legal so long as you abide by all relevant copyright laws. Sharing copyrighted material without the permission to do so is illegal."

File sharing of copyrighted material is ABSOLUTELY illegal!!!

No exceptions without permission of the copyright holder (you'll note their little Caveat

I buy something and put it on a P2P sharing site! Am I breaking the Law? No!

You download and use this "something" WITHOUT paying for it! Are you breaking the Law? Yes!

Simple as that. I DO NOT have the right to give YOU permission to use it!

Please note, they give you no indication (other than "everything ever put out on Karaoke) what you might expect to be able to download.

Trust me on this, I already know how to get 1,000's of Karaoke tracks online, but I certainly cannot get "everything ever put out on Karaoke".

This website is a simple con and I would advise you to stay well away from it and keep your money for better use.

Sandy
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

neorican wrote:I noticed a site where you can buy some software and then get free downloads --Is this a scam? http://www.karaokeinfo.com/

Thanks,,, Ralph
Maybe it's just me...but from all your recent posts about vocal elimination and free download sites... you're looking for a cheap way to do karaoke legally, I assume.

News Flash: There is no cheap way to do it legally. I have $50,000 invested in music. Do you think that is what I thought I would be spending when I started 17 years ago? To keep my library current costs about $1500-2000 a year. Ain't nothing cheap about quality karaoke.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

I suppose it depends on your definition of "cheap"!

It's certainly possible (this side of the pond), to put together a Karaoke system for well under £1,000 (about $1,500). [Note to Bigdog. I'm in no way saying it would be a top notch system, just adequate to the job :P ]

The real problem, if you intend to stay legal, is that you have to keep on buying songs! Similar to printer manufacturers,who are happy to sell you a printer at a loss, as they know you have to keep buying ink at silly money.

For example over here, Sunfly is the major supplier of CDG discs and they come in at about £10 ($15) each.

There are 287 Sunfly discs in the main set, so this would run you to £2,870 ($4305).

This doesn't even consider the various other Sunfly disc sets, Sunfly Most Wanted, Sunfly Gold, Sunfly Legends plus a few more.

Just with the full Sunfly main set, you would only have >=4,000 songs at a cost of around £3,870 ($5,805).

This is only a tenth of Bigdogs outlay, so is in comparitive terms very cheap although with much fewer tracks.

But are you prepared to lay out that kind of dosh, to stay legal??? :redface:

I should point out that have tried to generate my own Karaoke tracks from MP3's and lyric text files and believe me, it's a pain in the butt, taking much, much longer than you might imagine (4 hours concentrated effort for one song).

If you really want to be a KJ, you have two realistic options only.

Get 1,000's of tracks online and ilegally, or bite the bullet and be prepared to spend upward of $5k for a minimal system and track list.

Sandy.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

When I started 17 years ago my song selection was about 1700 songs. That cost me $6,500 because they were laser songs and the discs were $110 each. :shock: I own 3 sets of these because I has 3 systems.

Pioneer wasn't producing new songs fast enough so I had to buy CD+Gs and I bought the existing DK Karaoke set. It gave me more songs but it started the add dupes. I now have over 22,000 songs. Over 12,000 one of a kind songs. I figure at least $20,000 was wasted on dupes to get many of the one of a kind songs. :shock:

How many choices are there to build a quality library? Dupes are going to happen and money will go down the drain. Unless you only stay with one disc manufacturer. Even that won't stop waste money on dupes because i.e. Sound Choice has duped (recycled) many songs on different discs. They are in business to make money, not save us money.

How much do you figure it costs per CD+G song. I'm guessing about $2 each. Average. Laser songs were higher.
neorican

Post by neorican »

Hi ,

I am kind of new to Karaokeand am only interested in singing at home and with friends and usually with no more than about 5 people -- We record the songs to try and improve and all of this is just for fun at home ---we are not KJ's, but I do realize that most of you are---

We kind of like mostly the standards from the 30's to the 60's and some new ones-- I doubt that we would ever need more than about 150 songs---Buying full CDG albums is kind of wasteful and expensive since we will usually only get 1 or 2 songs that we like---

I have found some sites where you can download songs with a cost of $1 to $8 but even here the list may be limited --Also, is this LEGAL ? -

Yes I am trying to get particular songs at the lowest possible price --

Any help would be appreciated --- Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ralph
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

For home use, I would not worry about most download sites that are charging money. I will list a few that I use.

www.tricerasoft.com
www.karaokeversion.com
www.sbikaraoke.com
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

You could buy custom discs with the songs you pick. They cost about $4-6 each song. No dupes.
neorican

Post by neorican »

Hi Bigdog,

There are at least 4 sites mentioned in above posts where the cost is from $1 to 3 per song and they seem pretty good -- but I am not sure what you mean by " NO DUPES "-------- I believe these are legal , but maybe I am wrong --
$ 4 to 6 seems like a lot , but I know that they exist - are the songs like kind of very hard to find ?

Thanks,,,,,Ralph
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The actual facts:
This is probably one of the finest con jobs I'v ever seen!
It is not a con job in the sense that it delivers exactly what it promises.
You can be assured that file sharing is legal and your purchase of our product is legal.

This is accurate. File sharing in general is not illegal and the package being sold is not illegal. (This is a U.S. based company and there is no way they could have stayed in business all these years otherwise.)
It certainly is.
Please note, they give you no indication (other than "everything ever put out on Karaoke) what you might expect to be able to download.

Trust me on this, I already know how to get 1,000's of Karaoke tracks online, but I certainly cannot get "everything ever put out on Karaoke".
This system uses the karaoke file sharing channels of the IRC network and in some channels that have many members you certainly can locate and download virtually every song ever released on a CDG disc.

I know these things because of after receiving many emails asking what this thing was I was compelled to investigate it.

Now with all this being said the bottom line is still:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

neorican wrote:I am not sure what you mean by " NO DUPES "
It means no duplicate songs (same song title by same artist).

The custom made discs are too expensive. You can download the same songs for half the price. The sites that Dan mentioned offer legal downloads. The big problem is that the majority of karaoke song titles are still not available as downloads.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Does anyone know the real reason Sound Choice stopped their custom disc operation?

Downloading from some sites limits the manufacturers available. So the song you get may not be a real good version of that song.

No dupes meaning when you pick the songs you want you can be sure you are not wasting money buying a song you already have.