Music and vocals stop playing for a few seconds.

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Bigdog

Music and vocals stop playing for a few seconds.

Post by Bigdog »

For a few weeks I have been having this problem. There is no indication of when it will happen. When it does there are no red lights on anything, no lights blinking, no idication that the power has been interupted. The sound totally quits and then just as fast starts up again. :evil:

It can't be the computer because only the music would stop.

Nothing is over heating because it usually happens once a night near the beginning. If heat were a problem it would happen later and more often during the latter part of the show.

I have narrowed it down the the things that have the music and vocals running through them at the same time.

I have changed the mixer with a new one. Still does it. :cry:

The EQ unit seems to be the problem because there are indicator lights on it. Sometimes they appear dimmer than normal. If I push the power button on and off they come back on brighter.

I have a new eq unit ordered and a new amplifer. These are the only 3 items that have music and vocals going through them together.

If these new items don't correct the problem, I'm throwing everything in the river. :shock: :twisted:

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

2 shows in with all the new stuff and so far so good. But I'm not certain if it's fixed yet. Give me at least another week.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I think it's fixed. :D

I'm leaning toward the EQ on/off switch either being dirty or it may have burned a dead spot in it. The switch doesn't get turned off and on. I usually don't power down anything with the switches except the amplifier.
dunc

Post by dunc »

Need to get your self some gear with shock protection. Upgrade.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

The EQ which I suspect now as being the problem is at least 10 years old.

The upgrade is complete.

There is a difference bewteen equipment that wears out from constant usage and equipment that wasn't any good to begin with. :wink:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Another update.

The eq and everything else is working great except another minor glitch has appeared. :roll:

The other night I had no sound when I did a sound check. After looking around I noticed the EQ has no lights on. That would make me not have sound. So I looked at the EQ power adapter. It was very slightly lifted out of the plug. So I pushed it down and it fixed the problem. :D

Tonight I had no sound again. :roll: I looked at the EQ and the lights were on. :shock: So I decided to look at the EQ power adapter again. It was ever so sligtly up out of the plug. When I say slightly I mean it wasn't visable to the naked eye. I jiggled it and pushed down on it and I had sound. :?

Very odd since the lights were already on. The unit was getting power so why wasn't it making sound until I jiggled the adapter? :? It must have only been getting 90 volts instead of 110 volts. :idea: :lol:

Today I have to install a new mini TV monitor because the old one seems to be crapping out. While I'm doing that the power adapter for the EQ is going to be rewired into a different type of extension plug. That will eliminate that problem hopefully.

ALWAYS SOMETHING STUPID. 99% of the time. Who would have guessed that a unit all lit up wouldn't be getting power, or at least getting all the power it needs.

Did I ever tell you I HATE KARAOKE. :lol: :shock: