New Laptop

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
DanG2006

New Laptop

Post by DanG2006 »

I am in the market for 2 good used Laptops to replace the ones that one of my roommates decided to help themselves to because they needed some fast cash. They threatened not to get them back if I turned them into the police. Two months later, No return of my laptops. I kind of figured on that. I am going used because there aren't a lot of choices out there for s-video in the new ones and I wanted XP for an operating system anyway. I plan on running JustKaraoke on it and the free remote tool on the other.

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Nice Room Mates..... :shock:

Turn them in...screw 'em...they are not your friends. I wouldn't care what happens to them.

You don't need S-video out. Use the VGA output and for $30 get one of these.

http://sewelldirect.com/pc-to-tv.asp

it has s-video out and RCA and VGA.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

You can still go for new laptops if cash isn't a huge issue.

I believe almost all new PC's come with an option to "downgrade" to XP, or have a CD with XP drivers.

The simple facts of Microsoft life is that Vista is rubbish and it looks like W7 is going the same way.

Bill Gates mob really do NOT give a toss about customer feedback and persist in releasing crap OS.

Sandy
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I haven't heard anything about 7 yet, good or bad.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I already have the adapter from s-video to RCA and only have the money for 2 used laptops so S-Video is a must in my book.
teester

Post by teester »

Sorry to hear that Dan.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I had to run a DJ show using discs last weds and man was I rusty. I need to get these laptops so I don't have to do that again.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Won't have to do the disc thing again as I bought two laptops, one IBM Thinkpad T42 and a el cheapo costing Dell Inspiron 4000. Got the Dell for $50 including a wireless card.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

An update on my computers: After installing XP on the Dell, I finally got the kiosk thing going. Can't wait to use it in a real situation. that will have to wait until I get a new vehicle. Until then I also need to get myself ready for the June 12th deadline as my wireless mikes I have now are within the banned range.