Leroy Brown

Can't find a certain song? Maybe someone here can help.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
narekelvis

Leroy Brown

Post by narekelvis »

Is there a karaoke for Frank Sinatra's version of Bad Bad Leroy Brown. I onl found some other artists but no Sinatra. Can you help me?

azsmiley

Post by azsmiley »

Sinatra did a cover of Leroy Brown? I only knew of Jim Croce'.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

If Sinatra did release a version of Bad Bad Leroy Brown I certainly wouldn't want to hear it. :lol:

Sinatra, like Elvis, made a career of performing other people's songs as they didn't possess the ability to write their own. So if you want to sing Leroy Brown like Sinatra then just select a good version from a karaoke disc and sing it like Sinatra would. That's basically what he did.
narekelvis

Post by narekelvis »

wiseguy wrote:If Sinatra did release a version of Bad Bad Leroy Brown I certainly wouldn't want to hear it. :lol:

Sinatra, like Elvis, made a career of performing other people's songs as they didn't possess the ability to write their own. So if you want to sing Leroy Brown like Sinatra then just select a good version from a karaoke disc and sing it like Sinatra would. That's basically what he did.
No no and no again. Sinatra's version of the song is a lot richer, vocally and instrumentally too, sounds a lot better than Croce's.
As to doing covers, well bot ELvis and Frank were sigers, I thing singers should sing and songwriters should write music. Both had unique vocal, they are great singers, they seldom did bad covers/
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I wasn't implying that Elvis and Sinatra were not great entertainers/singers. My point is that karaoke tracks are released in the style of the person who made the song famous. A dozen other artist may include a song on one of their albums but their version will not be released on a karaoke disc. The exception being a popular remake like Metallica's Turn The Page for example.