Glee Tracks

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.

Should we get even more Glee tracks?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 4

Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
CT@Sunflykaraoke

Glee Tracks

Post by CT@Sunflykaraoke »

Due to lots of requests we've just added lots of new tracks to our library in the style of the Glee Cast:

Alone
Bust Your Windows
Defying Gravity
Don’t Rain On My Parade
Don’t Stop Believin’
Gold Digger
Halo - Walking On Sunshine Lean On Me
It’s My Life - Confessions Pt 2
Keep Holding On
No Air
On My Own
Somebody To Love
Take A Bow
You Keep Me Holdin’ On

These are available now to download or on Pick N Mix disc from www.singsunfly.com

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi there,
as a UK KJ, I'm always getting new tracks and I've voted YES in the poll.

However, I have to ask myself which of these songs will ever actually be sung at a Karaoke by ordinary punters, as opposed to wannabe pro singers.

Evryone was asking for "Don't stop believin'" but since it's been out, I've only heard one singer try it out and to be honest, it was pretty dire.

All kudos to the singer, BTW for having the guts to give it a go, I certainly wouldn't, I value my cojones too much (even if I don't use 'em much these days)

The problem, as I see it, is that the Glee cast "spin" tracks to such a fever pitch that they're almost impossible to emulate and sadly, most punters stick to "middle of the road" songs that have a decent melody and where the backing track helps them out with the song.

Sandy
P.S. and not wishing to hijack the thread, would you go here;

http://shopuk.sunflymusic.com/shop/

and give the webmaster a serious boot up the arse and ask why SF289 and MW921 anren't even listed yet?
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

When you get song requests do you pay attention to the age of the requesters?

That disc may be good for the home user but people in the bars where the majority of professional KJs play, are 21 and over.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Bigdog wrote:When you get song requests do you pay attention to the age of the requesters?

That disc may be good for the home user but people in the bars where the majority of professional KJs play, are 21 and over.
Hi Bigdog,
I do indeed pay attention to the singer's age, sex, etc.

However, me being an old 'un, doesn't stop me belting out Kings of Leon, One Republic and so on but I'm a reasonable Tenor, so can get away with my Pavarotti-ish build, 'cause I can do the business. Love the astonished looks, sometimes.

Can even do Nessun Dorma, when the voice is in good nick.

For example, I love Meatloaf but it seems only females sing his stuff and after I've heard Paradise screetched out for the umpteenth time, slitting my wrists seems a decent option.

Sandy
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I have yet to have one person even mention Glee Cast to me at one of my shows.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Bigdog wrote:When you get song requests do you pay attention to the age of the requesters?

Actually this was directed toward disc producers.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

99% of the requests I get for broadway show songs like RENT,.. etc. come from gay men or people in theater groups. Since I play in bars everyone is over 21. With rare exceptions.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

not every host does 21+ events only. I have done at least 3 sweet 16 parties where there were several requests for high school musical and the like.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

DanG2006 wrote:not every host does 21+ events only. I have done at least 3 sweet 16 parties where there were several requests for high school musical and the like.
If given the choice do you want more kids songs or more adult oriented oldies and the like?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I really don't care how old they are. Money is money no matter who the client is and with the economy like it is, I have to accept the shows I get. The majority wanting clean music.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

wiseguy wrote:I have yet to have one person even mention Glee Cast to me at one of my shows.
I didn't hear about until I saw it here. :shock: :oops: :roll: