Interesting Conversation...

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Interesting Conversation...

Post by Bigdog »

I recently talked to a long time DJ that said he tried do karaoke. He said oh...you do all karaoke without any music breaks.
He then said...I couldn't stand listening to all the bad singers so I let one sing and then played 3-4 songs and then let another sing.

I told him I attract good talented singers. He sorta didn't believe what I was saying.

This is what I came away with.

He didn't want to hear the bad singers.

He really wasn't committed to doing karaoke.

He really didn't want to hear people sing that were not perfect.

So his answer to the problem was to play music to take care of the rest of the crowd. I'll do karaoke only if someone can sing. :shock:

Whether it was out of embarassment..... So he wouldn't be embarrassed or to preserve his reputation.

I'm beginning to think that most KJ/DJS fall into his catagory and very few can do karaoke the way I do. That all comes down to the KJ/DJs attitude about promoting quality karaoke. And what they allow to happen at their shows. And whether they are worried about being embarrassed in front of their friends because of bad singers or singers that aren't perfect.

It's all about the KJ/DJ instead of the singers. :shock: :cry:

spotlightjr

Post by spotlightjr »

I'm not a dj. I'm a kj and I prefer to hear people sing. It's pretty hard to justify playing 3 or 4 songs while there are 20 or 30 people waiting to sing.
I don't believe you can mix the two and get away with it.
Either be a kj or a dj. Not both.
Sure, there are bad singers but there are also bad songs played by djs. If I go to sing karaoke and they play a couple songs between each singer..... I'M GONE!!!! I have met these same kind of dj/kj down here and it's pretty annoying. They think what there doing is cool but don't understand how it kills a karaoke following.
My regulars would kick my a$$ if I tried it. The sad thing is the dj will soon be dealing with no karaoke customers at all and wont get why it happened.