New to Karaoke

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
HandyGuy

New to Karaoke

Post by HandyGuy »

What is everyone's opinion of the best quality producers of karaoke CD's as far as sound, background vocals, etc....TIA

Bill
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Few KJ's would disagree that the quality of SoundChoice is unsurpassed although they are priced much higher than comparable brands. Others, like StarDisc, Sunfly, and Top Hits Monthly are very good quality discs at affordable prices.
HandyGuy

Post by HandyGuy »

wiseguy wrote:Few KJ's would disagree that the quality of SoundChoice is unsurpassed although they are priced much higher than comparable brands. Others, like StarDisc, Sunfly, and Top Hits Monthly are very good quality discs at affordable prices.
Wiseguy, thanks for the reply. What do you think about DK? i heard they were really great, but no longer available?
Bill
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

What do you think about DK? i heard they were really great, but no longer available?
My first CDG's were the original DK 1 - 99 series. They have seen more use than any other discs I have. Some people (very few) don't like the "guide notes" that the DK discs employ. Personally, I think the guide notes are great for helping people sing the song correctly and they become inaudible if the song is sung on key as they blend in with the voice. Although the DK discs are no longer manufactured, you can still find them if you do a little searching.
HandyGuy

Post by HandyGuy »

wiseguy wrote:
What do you think about DK? i heard they were really great, but no longer available?
My first CDG's were the original DK 1 - 99 series. They have seen more use than any other discs I have. Some people (very few) don't like the "guide notes" that the DK discs employ. Personally, I think the guide notes are great for helping people sing the song correctly and they become inaudible if the song is sung on key as they blend in with the voice. Although the DK discs are no longer manufactured, you can still find them if you do a little searching.
I think I found them, unless this is an old site. Tomorrow I'll try calling the # that is listed.

http://www.karaokewow.com/CDGSoftware/d ... 25-49.html
Bill
SongDragon

Post by SongDragon »

Though most DO agree that Sound Choice is the best, my library is decidedly light on SC discs. This is partly because of the higher cost, but also because MANY other CDG companies are matching or often SURPASSING SC's quality. For most of my NEW music, I subscribe to Pop Hits Monthly (Stellar Records). I LOVE their general quality, though I hate that they have recently discontinued their monthly "Rock" discs. I also have MANY singers compliment my library on having songs other companies DON'T HAVE. Many of these songs come from collections such as Dangerous (11 disc set). Where else can a KJ find songs like Edgar Winter's "Keep Playing That Rock 'N' Roll"?!?!? I also have LOTS of hard-to-find 60's through 80's songs on my Priddus "Lost Classics" set. I believe Sweet Georgia Brown has the best version of Led Zeplin's "Whole Lotta Love". SGB is also a very affordable set (I have the 66-disc collection) with a GREAT all-genre selection. The main drawback to SGB discs is you have to keep them immaculately clean or they tend to garble the graphics. Hot Stuff Karaoke has three 12-disc sets that also offer great, affordable versions. AmeriSing ROCKS... their Marilyn Manson's "Beautiful People" and "Dope Show" blow most other versions away! As for DK, I LOVE them... especially for their R&B. DK is still widely available on www.karaoke.com, and I recently found LOTS of the original DK-99 in their "Sale Bin" for $7.99 per disc! SuperCore, Legends, the list goes on and on to compete with Sound Choice.
Keep A Song In Your Heart
and Some Heart In Your Song!

SongDragon