looking for a new computer

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
cmonroe50

looking for a new computer

Post by cmonroe50 »

As I am sure some you kj's out there have had to research this. What is the best computer for Karaoke. The one I have now stll has an S video for the picture. I have been checking while shopping and none of the new computers have S video. The have HDMI. Can this be used to hook up the karaoke to the TV instead of the S video. How are you all doing it. I use Karma Karaoke program. I run it through the VCR and then runs off the surround sound. I now have a seperate fender amp for the mic. I am not a KJ, I just have a lot of parties at home. Anyway can anyone who is good at this stuff tell me how they got around this.

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

You run sound and video through the VCR?
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

For some reason most of the laptop manufacturers don't see a need for video outputs of any kind anymore. :roll:

But they all want to sell their computers amazing video features. Really good selling point except for the lack of a way to put the amazing video on any other external screen or monitor.

They know all our needs and we know nothing. :roll:

During my search for new computers I looked at every company.

Fortunately, they still have the VGA outputs.

http://sewelldirect.com/articles/vga-to-hdmi.aspx

If you are talking about the red, green, blue wire TV hookup.

Any laptop with a VGA output can be hooked up to any type TV hook up with a similar converter box. I'm using one that has RCA, S-video and VGA outs. I do one job that requires an adapter for HDMI TV. The bar owner has the adapter. But If I ever get a different job the requires one I'll have to buy it.
cmonroe50

HDMI Adapter

Post by cmonroe50 »

So there is an adapter. Is it just a small plug typ thing or a big box? Is it very expensive?
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

All the info like size and price is there.