how to keep lyrics on one tv while navigating on other

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
alkalinesi

how to keep lyrics on one tv while navigating on other

Post by alkalinesi »

Hey guys, quick question. I have Just Karaoke. and i have duel monitors set up, well its mirrored. I have my lcd hooked up, so whatever im doing on my main monitor, i can see it on my lcd. well i thought i read somewhere that i can keep the lyrics going on lyric tv while im doing whatever on my computer monitor, i wanted to be able to pick other songs while the person singing still has the lyrics. everytime i open justkaraoke a message pops up talking about duel monitors. can anyone help me out?Thanks

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

You need to extend your desktop onto the tv. after hooking up and powering up your lcd, To set it up you need to right click on a blank area of your screen. click on properties. a new box should pop up. up at the top of the box there should be tabs. click on the settings tabs. Then you look for the two monitors in the middle of the box. click on the one that is your lyrics, click on the checkbox that says extend your display. click apply and a message box should appear click yes if you have an empty screen on the lcd. That should set up your dual displays and justkaraoke should see it.
alkalinesi

Post by alkalinesi »

thanks for your reply dan. I actually tried everything and still cant get it to work. i choose extended and my tv switches and it just shows my wallpaer thats on my computer. And when i open up just karaoke i see a border around my tv like somthing happened but nuttin, still my wallpaper but with a thin gray border around it. seems like just karaoke is noticing something but its not letting it get up on the tv screen.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

If it is a just the wallpaper then it worked. I get a white screen when I open up justkaraoke but the songs play just fine. If it plays then I don't see much to be done by complaining about it. But if it really bothers you that the screen is white or grey when a song isn't playing then I would bring this to the attention of Tricerasoft as they do need to know what bugs the program has.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi Alkalinesi.
If you get a copy iof your wallpaper on the second screen, then as DanG2006 says, it would seem you have successfully enabled the extended desktop.

However, you still have to manually move the second lyric screen to where your second monitor appears to be according to your main PC screen.

Fire up your Display Properties dialogue, as DanG says and click the DESKTOP tab.

Assuming you have correctly enabled the extended Desktop, you should see a depiction of TWO monitors numbered 1 & 2.

The larger screen is your main screen and the smaller one is representative of your second screen.

Now this where most Karaoke software fails miserably because you must manually move the lyric screen to where the representative screen appears to be.

For example, if the monitor numbered 2 is to the right of the main number 1 monitor then you need to grab the lyric screen in Justkaraoke and drag it to the right hand side of your main screen and then further to the right where it should appear on your TV screen.

If the "virtual" monitor is to the left, then you grab and move your lyric screen to the left and OFF the main screen.

It can even seem to be above or below the main number 1 screen but you simply drag the lyric screen in that direction.

Now, once you get the lyric screen onto your second monitor (it's much easier to do than it is to explain, by the way) you'll need to resize it.

Try double clicking on the lyric screen and see if it occupies your second monitor accurately.

It's inlikely that it will be too small but if it is, then I don't think there is much you can do about it, so simply move your mouse arrow to one of the corners of the lyric screen then click and drag to resize it.

Hopefully, this should sort you out.

Best of luck,
Sandy
P.S. this is one reason I prefer Karma as you just click the 2nd monitor option and it automatically configures itself. No clicking and dragging onvolved. :mrgreen:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

mnementh wrote:P.S. this is one reason I prefer Karma as you just click the 2nd monitor option and it automatically configures itself. No clicking and dragging onvolved. :mrgreen:
When I open JustKaraoke it automatically recognizes the extended monitor and displays the lyrics screen on it without me doing a thing. Maybe it's just your computer.
alkalinesi

Post by alkalinesi »

thanks for your help guys i really appreciate it. but my only problem is when i open up just karaoke when my desktop is extended, i dont have a lyrics screen. it says its there on the bottom in the menu bar, but i try to click it nothinghappens and go to the edges of my screen and drag to the middle hoping its just outside the screen but still nothing. and when i turn my extended desltop off, i do get a lyric screen where i can maxamize it and all that. this is weird.
alkalinesi

Post by alkalinesi »

ok guys i think i have an idea of whats goin on.when i open up JK my tv forms a box, like aborder and when i go to my monitor and click the JK screen tab, the main bar at the bottom it has two JK tabs. the main is the jk program and if i click it i can minimize it. the second tab says JK screen, and nothinh happens when i cvlick it.now when i click anywhere pn the desktop, it unhightlights itself. now when i drag the cursor to the extended sccreen and clcik on it(keep in mind it has the thin gray border around it, like its a window.) so i clixk anywhere on the extended monitor and the JK screen tab highlights. so its like im clicking on it but nothing isa there. so to me, it seems that the window is showing up, but it just keeps my wallaper background. very frustrating.