Converting CD-R to CD+G format

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
audio.man

Converting CD-R to CD+G format

Post by audio.man »

I have many preformance CD's created from WAV files that will not play on the Karaoke machine I just purchased. How do I convert them to CD+G format? I bought the karaoke machine so I could entertain nursing home residents and senior recreation sites where there is no on site sound system.

Thanks,
Jim

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

A CD created from WAV files will be a standard audio CD that will play in virtually any karaoke disc player. Of course you will only get audio as WAV files cannot contain CDG graphic data (images and lyrics).
audio.man

Post by audio.man »

Thanks for the reply wiseguy, I have a musicMachine and it will not play the wave files recorded on my CD-R's. Could the wave files be the problem? I will try converting to MP3 format and see if that works.

Any other suggestions from the seasoned vetrans on the forum will be greatly appreciated.

Jim
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Some karaoke machines will play MP3 files from disc but ALL karaoke machines will play standard audio discs. When you create a CD from WAV files you are creating a standard audio disc. If these won't play then you better look to see if your machine supports CD-R media.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

What is a performance CD?

Did it have graphics (words) on it to begin with?

Changing the format won't create graphics from nothing.

Plus doesn't it take special software to copy CD+G?
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Bigdog wrote:Plus doesn't it take special software to copy CD+G?
Actually, it doesn't!

However, it is a complete pain in the butt!!! 8)

It also usually requires manipulation by up to three different pieces of software to end up with a burnable image.

Note, IMAGE, not just some MP3 and Graphics files. The image is the key.

I found it such an absolute pain that I bought Power CD+G Burner and haven't regretted the fairly low purchase cost one little bit.

Simply drag and drop your files into the burner window and off you go.

Fast and simple.

Sandy