popping and cracking when player is connected

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
billky

popping and cracking when player is connected

Post by billky »

I am using a Tech Pro 2000 watt stereo amp and a Yahama sound board. Acesonic karaoke player with Peavey speakers.Recently I noticed a steady popping and cracking noise after a song was completed. This lasts until i start another song, or at least I dont hear it when the song begins.Any ideas? I am wondering if it can be in the connections because a couple of days ago I noticed I was getting all vocal on one speaker and all music on the other until I unplugged the cables going to the speakers and reconnected them.Thanks for any help.

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi bilky,
it certainly sounds (no pun intended :redface: ) like you have a poor connection somewhere.

If the popping noise only comes out of one speaker, then swap round left and right speaker leads to see if the sounds move with the cable.

If they do, then the speakers are O.K.

If the sound doesn't move, put the speaker cables back the way the were and swap left and right input cables.

If the sound also swaps over, then your amp is O.K. and the problem lies with your input side.

Try another input source and if the sounds are still there, then it's likely you have an input cable/amp input issue.

It's really only a matter of taking a bit of time to isolate the problem.

Have fun,
Sandy.
P.S. welcome to the madhouse.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
billky

Post by billky »

Thank you Sandy, I will go over early tonight and check everything more closely. Thanks for the welcome.

Bill
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Do those speakers have lightbulbs in them?

I have had problems with wires before and the wires were new. I never suspected them because they were new. You'll have to eliminate each wire and connection one by one along the entire sound path. I had probelems with wires and they tested OK with a tester. :shock: Only by changing the wires did I find that problem. You just never know.

You don't suspect video noise somewhere do you. Check the video connnections and wires too.

Usually 99% of the time it's something simple but right away we always expect the worst.

Does this happen at all your jobs or just one place? Could be a circuit noise from a faulty light or cooler compressor.
billky

Post by billky »

Thanks a lot for you reply Bigdog. I found the problem. The amp i was using had speakon outputs for the speakers and I was using an adapter from speakon to 1/4. Found a bad connection there. I really enjoy this forum and I have learned a lot from here. Thanks to all you guys