need wireless? microphone ?

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
neorican

need wireless? microphone ?

Post by neorican »

I recently bought the kgx 109 and it is great -- I would like to get a better microphone but I need to go about 27 feet and I suppose that length would not do too well with a wire --- Is that Right ?

I use the KGX 109 Karaoke basically at home for singing and recording and I love the recording ability---There is a wireless VHF Cordless mic advertised on The Karaoke Tutor site for $50--- Is it pretty good ? In looking at Mics On the Net , it seems that the price rises when you want more than one mic and special conveniences ---

Essentially, I am looking for something wireless with decent quality, and I would appreciate any advice-- I understand that UHF is better than VHF , but is that always true, especially since the cost is so much higher?

Also it should be able to work with the KGX ACESONIC 109

Thank you in advnce for your help

Ralph

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

http://www.goodbuyguys.com/catalog/prod ... cts_id/490

This will take you all around the house. :lol:
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

That cable won't work with his player. He apparently is using the mike inputs of the player to mix the vocals with the music. Better quality mikes aren't gonna make the sound any better. In fact it might even make it worse.
neorican

Post by neorican »

Hi,

I agree in that that the long cable will not work or certainly not work well--

So I definitely need a wireless mic which will do the trick with my kgx109

I need it for home singing which I record and then transpose to Mp3 and then to a CD-

Are there some decent wireless mics that you can recommend for less or about $100?

Thanks,,,,,,Ralph

"DanG2006"]That cable won't work with his player. He apparently is using the mike inputs of the player to mix the vocals with the music. Better quality mikes aren't gonna make the sound any better. In fact it might even make it worse

I recently bought the kgx 109 and it is great -- I would like to get a better microphone but I need to go about 27 feet and I suppose that length would not do too well with a wire --- Is that Right ?

I use the KGX 109 Karaoke basically at home for singing and recording and I love the recording ability---There is a wireless VHF Cordless mic advertised on The Karaoke Tutor site for $50--- Is it pretty good ? In looking at Mics On the Net , it seems that the price rises when you want more than one mic and special conveniences ---

Essentially, I am looking for something wireless with decent quality, and I would appreciate any advice-- I understand that UHF is better than VHF , but is that always true, especially since the cost is so much higher?

Also it should be able to work with the KGX ACESONIC 109

Thank you in advnce for your help

Ralph
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

here is a cheap price for a mike I actually use in a pro setting.
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Samson-5H-Stage ... 7C294%3A50
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=2062443

This thing works good in my living room for the last 15 years. :D
neorican

GOOD WIRELESS MICROPHONE

Post by neorican »

Hi,
And thank you again for your help --

I checked out the Samson 5H and it sounds like a fantastic deal --

I was informed about the following unit: RSQ ($107 ) System which is a dual mike and was wondering if you could give me an opinion on it and how it compares with the SAMSON 5H--- Is this a little better than entry level?

http://www.acekaraoke.com/rsq-vhf22-wir ... ystem.html

Thanks again,,,,Ralph

DanG2006"]here is a cheap price for a mike I actually use in a pro setting.
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Samson-5H-Stage ... 7C294%3A50[/quote]
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

The samson has more range than the rsq. The Samson ranges over 100 feet. The RSQ only reaches 50 meters. The Samson isn't really as entry level as you might think.
I actually prefer singing on the Samson over my Sennheiser Freeport which is MRSP at aproximately $400. You can find the samson for over $100. Just make sure you're getting the Q7 transmitter.
Moonrider

Post by Moonrider »

DanG2006 wrote:The RSQ only reaches 50 meters.
50 meters is just over 160 feet.
Last week, I went to Philadelphia, but it was closed.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Okay I was lowballing the range of the Samson. Theyre clos to being the same but I still think Samson is the better mike. RSQ isn't known for their mikes but for their players.
neorican

Post by neorican »

Hi,

First of all , thank you for your help---

The site that You originally gave me for the SAMSON 5H STAGE is an Ebay site and there is no mention of the Q7 with this unit The price is $31 including Shipping and I cannot tell if it is new or used --- I don't mind used if it is the right thing (with the Q7 ) as you recommended---

You also use the word Q7 transmitter ( is this another word for microphone ? ) and I did find a site ( see link below ) that specifically says Q7MICROPHONE-- for $99

http://www.samedaymusic.com/pricematch/ ... _id--50144

Does the Original include the Q7 or is this kind of an extra-- I asked the EBAY seller if this included the Q7 and they did not know ---

One last thing -- As you know I have DGX 109 Karaoke player which actually records as you sing with good quality- and basically I use this at home , so I don't need a lot of area range , maybe 40 feet at most -- I also play piano and would like to sing and record so I might need 2 mics --- That is why I was considering the Dual mic RSQ vhf 22-- But , maybe I could get 2 of these, one at the low EBAY price and the other with the definite Q7-

Also , since I don't need much distance, Maybe the Dual RSQ for $103 would do the trick-- Or any other suggestions for a good quality wireless microphone

I sincerely appreciate your advice-

Thank You,,,,,Ralph

From DAN
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:24 pm Post subject:
The samson has more range than the rsq. The Samson ranges over 100 feet. The RSQ only reaches 50 meters. The Samson isn't really as entry level as you might think.
I actually prefer singing on the Samson over my Sennheiser Freeport which is MRSP at aproximately $400. You can find the samson for over $100. Just make sure you're getting the Q7 transmitter.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

there is two transmiters (mikes) that can work with that receiver. It looks like the Q7 is the one they are selling. The Q7 is better than the ev style which the stage series use to use as their transmitters. One of the great differences is you can't accidently turn the q7 all the way off because the actual power button is inside of the battery compartment. The other allows you to think you're muting the mike when you actually turn the wrong switch off. I have four of these mikes, two q7's and two ev's. Oh and the battery compartments are different too. the EV's have a piece that can easily be lost that holds the battery in place. I've lost two of them and have to use a piece of paper to hold the battery in place. One of the reasons I switched that out for one of my q7 mikes. The only thing good about the EV's is they are harder to roll off the table if laid down because the handle isn't completely round.
lyssagale12

Post by lyssagale12 »

hmm...that's useful post guys..I appreciate with that.

Regards
Lyssa