This has me thinking....

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

This has me thinking....

Post by Bigdog »

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/1 ... i-put.html

Could the computer sales companies like HP, Sony and Dell and others do this to the computers they sell so that after a certain amount of time it picks up crap to make it slower and more vulnerable to viruses or can they inject their own to make you want to or need to get another computer?

Does that seem far fetched?

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

It would need to be done in such a way that simply re-installing the Operating System wouldn't fix the problem, so very unlikely.

Even if they were stupid enough to cripple their own electronics, the massive complexity of the processors now on Motherboards would make it unnecessary.

There are now tens of thousands of transistors in the many cored processors, video "engines", etc on MB's, so there is every likelihood that over a time, some or many will fail.

Even built in reduncancy will eventually be unable to cope with this and the PC would inevitably fail or lose functionality somewhere.

For example, I had to put a Network card in my PC when the built in one failed, recently.

Sandy
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Well you know they are holding back on technology so they can keep making you buy a new one every other year because yours is out of date. Bigger faster....