Best laptop computer for Karaoke

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
cmonroe50

Best laptop computer for Karaoke

Post by cmonroe50 »

What is the best Laptop for Karaoke in your oppinion? Mine is starting to see the end of days. I don't want a new one because I have S Video and at this time it is difficult to get to the HDMI plug. I have an older Plasma tv. However that being said I know I will have to go to HDMI. Right now I hook up through my VCR which doesn't even work as a VCR any more but a place to tie in with S Video. What is the rumor on the best Computer for my needs. I am not a KJ except at my own parties.

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

First of all...there is someone having problems right now running zipped songs without binding up.

The processor and memory are too small.

Then you want a good sound card and video card.

The video can come out of the VGA plug and be converted to whatever you want to use.

So what can you afford?

That's the best computer.
cmonroe50

Computer

Post by cmonroe50 »

The computer I was using was a Sony Vaio VGN CR220E. It worked good. Still does, it's just that My computer itself has been really slow lately and I already had someone come out to speed it up and it worked better for awhile. I still have alot of capacity but it seems that laptops last about 3 or four years and mine is approaching 4. I think I will get another Sony although I was interested in the Fujitsu Tablet pc as it has a touch screen. The Fujitsu only has one speaker which I don't think will matter because I run all my karaoke through Surround and the mics have their own Fender amp. I did this because I always had feed back, now I don't. I have even thought for now getting a new computer for all my non Karaoke stuff and just keep using this one for Karaoke but at sometime it will fail and I wouldn't want to be having a great party and have my computer crash. So I guess what I should do is go to frys or best buy etc. Tell the guy I need a really good sound card etc. Let them point me in the right direction. Cost isn't too important. I would like to keep it around 1,000.00 but would do more to get it right. Lots of memory so it will be fast and not crash alot.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

One does not need a touchscreen to run a show unless it's on a kiosk that connects to the hosting computer.

the best computer will meet or exceed the specs of the hosting program you are using.

What software do you intend to use?
cmonroe50

Post by cmonroe50 »

I use Karma. It works pretty good but then I have never used anything els. I tried another one at the beginning and it kept freezing my computer. The Karma trial didn't so that is what I purchased.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

My karaoke computers are just that. Karaoke only.

They never go on the internet. The only thing on my karaoke computer is the operating system, the host program and the things necessary to run the hosting program. My music isn't even on the karaoke computers. The music is in an external hard drive.

I don't run anti virus. My computers are as fast as they were 4 years ago. And I run very large karaoke video files too.

If you use the karaoke computer for the internet you're asking for nothing but trouble. You will never have a reliable karaoke computer.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Instead of relying on the store clerk, you could get a computer built to your specs.