Home Player Confusion

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
BeTheBall

Home Player Confusion

Post by BeTheBall »

I am looking for a home player preferibly in the 2-3 hundred dollar range or less. I have a fairly nice Onkyo receiver so I will just plug into it. I am just a tad confused on which model to buy, RSQ, CAVS, Acesonic, Vocopro. Hoping for a couple of recommendations. I had narrowed to either the NEO-G 500 or the CAVS 203G, but wanted more input before pulling the trigger.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I had narrowed to either the NEO-G 500 or the CAVS 203G, but wanted more input before pulling the trigger.
Unless you have your mind set on using the Super CDG format you might want to stay away from the CAVS machines. They are overpriced and have dependability issues. NEO-G is a relatively new format in which there are very few song titles available at this time.

I would recommend a multi-format player with CDG being the primary media type. You might also consider a multi tray player for home use. The Acesonic DGX-500E and the RSQ MV-333 are two that you might want to look at.
BeTheBall

Post by BeTheBall »

Thanks for the input. One follow-up question.
NEO-G is a relatively new format in which there are very few song titles available at this time.
Should that matter since the player also plays regular CD+Gs? In other words, shouldn't the fact that the player also plays the NEO discs be considered a bonus since it already plays the standard formats? Have you heard anything about the reliability of the NEO machines? I will have to look into the Acesonic model you suggested. I have also heard nothing but good about the RSQ 333.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Have you heard anything about the reliability of the NEO machines?

A multi-format player that also plays NEO-G would be worth considering. I don't know anyone who owns a NEO-G player although the two NEO-G players I know of are produced by RSQ which is a good brand name. I do have some experience with the RSQ MV-333 which has proved to be a good solid machine.