Multiple TV hookups?

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
alkalinesi

Multiple TV hookups?

Post by alkalinesi »

Hey guys I had a quick question about multiple TV's. From what I understand, my computer does support duel screens. But I have my touchscreen LCD plugged into the regular VGA hookup. I was going to buy this or something like it http://www.usbgear.com/USBG-HD15.html run the wire to my 40" LCD which has a VGA hook up I believe. So I'll have the computer monitor where I'll control the songs, and the 40" TV for the crowd, and I wanted to buy a 22" TV for the singer. My question is, is it possible to connect the 22" to the 40"? I just want the 22" to duplicate the 40" screen. Oh, and this is for a basement setup. Thanks in advance.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

what you need is a splitter not another video card. unless your touchscreen is your main screen and even then you need the splitter on top of that connector.
alkalinesi

Post by alkalinesi »

OK thanks Dan, so I'll do the splitter. And then can I connect a smaller TV from the 40" TV? My touchscreen is my main screen, so I want my touchscreen, then two TV's to just display the lyrics.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Okay then you need the item that you linked to plus the splitter.
alkalinesi

Post by alkalinesi »

Oh, so I need the splitter and the usb video card hook up? the 40" and the 22" will be like 15 feet from my computer, thats why I was thinking if there was a way to just link the 40" and 22" together. So it would be wire from my computer to my 40" then a wire from 40 to 22 to just duplicate on the 22".
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

no the wire from the usb video card would go to the splitter and each tv would come off of the splitter.
alkalinesi

Post by alkalinesi »

oh ok, i gotcha. but if the video card has a vga out hook up, i run a vga wire, and that plugs into splitter, but do they sell splittlers that have vga in, and what are the out? hdmi or component?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

alkalinesi

Post by alkalinesi »

OK, thanks Dan. I actually thought of that after I posted, so ill just look for a 22" TV with a PC hookup.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

At some point the picture quality is going to degrade from the multiple TVs and the wire length and might require a signal amplifier.
alkalinesi

Post by alkalinesi »

yea i figured i would prob lose some kind of quality. are they expensive or difficult? i tried searching but couldnt find anything that look like itll work. can you point me in the right direction, thanks again. i found this http://www.monoprice.com/products/produ ... 4#feedback

its a splitter and it looks like its an amplifier to improve signal, would this work?
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

That would probably do it but at $100 I would make sure I need it first.

I've always used coax (cable TV wire) and a coax amplifier to feed TVs.
alkalinesi

Post by alkalinesi »

Bigdog wrote:That would probably do it but at $100 I would make sure I need it first.

I've always used coax (cable TV wire) and a coax amplifier to feed TVs.
nah it says for 1 its $31.21. you might of looked at the original value.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

It would definitely do the job.
MikoZuna

Post by MikoZuna »

alkalinesi wrote:OK thanks Dan, so I'll do the splitter. And then can I connect a smaller TV from the 40" TV? My touchscreen is my main screen, so I want my touchscreen, then two TV's to just display the lyrics.
for 40$ radio shack sells a splitter amplifier.. it has an s video, component, in then the other side has 4 out.. they make different styles some with hdmi ins and out, some with vga ins and outs..

f you only have vga out, you can pic up at comp usa or ebay a lttle splitter that will convert vga to any of those ofther formats.. then run that into splitter..

I prefer Svideo ove Composite or Compnent.. also for cost over HDMI.. a 50foot run of HDMI os going to cost you a lot more then same said 50 of s video..