superCD+G legal?

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Several points to make.

The format shifting fight is over. It is one that can not be policed. It is one that will never end. It can never be enforced.

The rights to the musc still have to be paid for by the disc producers. So they need the access and the money. It all comes down to return on investment.

A lot of money there to be made but I'll tell you what's gonna happen. They will still come out with every Elvis song again. And again and again.

There was only one company I can think of that did something really daring. That was Priddis with the LOST CLASSIC SERIES. They came out with a song list nobody else had. But in the long run they probabaly lost money. The series ended.

They (companies) are not geared to the professsional KJ. That ended many years ago. If it ever started.

Today it's about the home user. They don't have any legal issues with home users unless they start selling hard drives on ebay.

They don't care that we (professional KJs) need new music to stay fresh. We are the legal issue group.

Do they really want to cater to us?

I think not.

Sound Choice and others will always continue to lose money to pirates.
That will never end. The drug war hasn't ended and it won't.

I know the answer, but I don't want to give anyone any ideas.

Piracy hasn't killed the music business. It hasn't killed the movie business. But it has cost them a major lose of income.

Will Sound Choice be big enough to survive? I can understand they want to survive. They have invested a lot of money. Is the answer to their problems continued lawsuits?

If they continue to give half the settlement money to lawyers? If everyone passes the audit is that the answer? Will that save them?

I spent $50,000 on music. Should I go out of business because I protected my investment by saving my songs to a hard drive?

I'm not on ebay selling music. I'm in a couple bars selling my service.

If I have to go out of business I just lost my investment. If Sound Choice goes out of business they lost their investment.

I said this before. If the ARTISTS would make their own karaoke discs from their music every disc manufacturer would go under. The artists would make out like fat rats. There is very little money investment in making the karaoke disc. The biggest cost is the rights to use the music which they already have because they already own their music. Make a regular album and a karaoke version and sell them separately. They corner the karaoke market.

MikoZuna

Post by MikoZuna »

it would be an awesome day when that happened sir!
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
MikoZuna

Post by MikoZuna »

DanG2006 wrote:
MikoZuna wrote:So hen what is the difference, between 1-6 and 7-10 which cb still sells other then price
1-6 masters were given to the creator of the SuperCDG's when they were originally licensed. The SCDG creator's kept them after Chartbuster pulled the deal and kept creating discs. 7-10 never made it to the scdg people.
im still not swallowing this pill.. if a company made ...say millions off a product CB was entitled to be receiving royalties on.. why i that company not being cease and desist ordered, and sued to kingdom come by CB?

youre honestly saying theyd rather focus on bars and kjs using the product, they offered, then the real theives who ripped them off??

if a license deal expires from a publishing house, all previous copies do not become illegal.. for christ sake, all these companies are simply deciding what they consider illegal, and scare taticing everyone into fear compliance.

if i show up for an audit, and i say heres my 1:1, heres my purchased discs, now give me my verification paper, and they said no.. id countersue their asses til they were farting the theme song to perry mason!
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

They are treating the possessors of the discs as bought in good faith while trying to to find the actual thieves.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

The actual thieves are on EBAY...hello... :shock:

Start looking at the KJs websites for the ones that advertise 8 systems and karaoke 20 nights a week. The ones that say they have 150,000 songs...that might be a good clue...Sherlock. :shock:

There should be 20,000 of those to start with. :shock: :shock: