justkaraoke doesn't play

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

I thought I'd try to replicate the fault that JustSue is getting, as follows.

1) copied some KNOWN GOOD zipped song files to a test folder.
2) unzipped them with Winrar, rather than MP3+GToolz, so ended up with ZIP, CDG and MP3 files.
3) fired up Justkaraoke and cleared the database.
4) imported files from the test folder. N.B. this imported BOTH the zipped and unzipped files, so the database had two copies of every song.
5) added a singer and song.

Result was NO PROBLEM. The song played fine.

I wondered what could cause a simple "I'm not playing" problem and the simplest answer, as a computer service engineer is that something is wrong with one or more of the files.

First I isolated the MP3 files and stripped the 3 from the file extension.

When I went back to Justkaraoke, I found HALF the imported files were now coloured RED.

When I added a singer and song from the RED half, although the play button was enabled when I double clicked the song, on clicking the PLAY button, nothing happened.

Exactly the fault JustSue describes.

I then replaced the 3 in the MP3 file extension but removed the "g" from the CDG file extension.

This time, when I imported the files, the same double file entry was found and everything seemed OK, even though the CDG file extension was incorrect.

This would indicate that Justkaraoke work primarilly with the .MP3 file, rather than the .CDG

Therefore, my conclusion is that one possible problem is that there might be an error with the MP3 filename extension.

Given that the ZIP file will have both CDG and MP3 files contained in the archive, if the MP3 extension is incorrect, then the songs WILL NOT play when selected, even though the PLAY button is enabled.

I'm pretty sure there might be other explanations but this one DOES replicate the given fault.

Soory for the long winded answer but I hope I've been clear.

Sandy