Advanced Karaoke Hosting Software from DigitalKJ

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
earthling12357

Advanced Karaoke Hosting Software from DigitalKJ

Post by earthling12357 »

I, like most of my friends, am a karaoke enthusiast.
One of my best friends is a software developer and karaoke enthusiast.
I've spent most of the last decade witnessing the developement of the most innovative
and advanced Karaoke Hosting Software on the planet.

Born of a desire to improve and streamline a karaoke show from the audience and singers' perspective,
DigitalKJ was built from scratch to provide the KJ the ability to put on a professional and
impressive show with the ease of point and click.

Just released Worldwide, we are certain it will quickly become the standard for the industry.
Please visit DigitalKJ at: http://www.digitalkj.com/

The complete and fully functional version is free for thirty days. I know you will enjoy all of the
features that you've been wishing were available prior to now.

Any comments are greatly appreciated
Thank you for looking.

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

So we have to pay for it forever? :shock:

Good luck with that.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi Earthling12357,
Sorry to rain on your parade but as Bigdog says, don't hold your breath waiting for this to be taken up and as for becoming an "Industry Standard", you are living in a dream world.

Just had a quick look at this "World beating" software and here are a few comments;

1) Ridiculous pricing system!
2) Idiotically complicated and fussy singer and rotation system!
3) Stupidly distracting onscreen effects. Some singers have enough trouble reading the words, without flashy backgrounds.

If it has taken a "Decade" to develop this software, then might I suggest your software programmer would spend his/her time more educationally by having a look at "Just Karaoke" or "Karma" to see how it "should be done"?

Sandy
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I wouldn't use this garbage if it were free. :roll:
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

#1 it is not stand alone. It needs winamp to operate. AutoKDJ has abandoned winamp because the new version of winamp is not karaoke friendly.
#2 why would I chose to pay every year for the same software when I own CompuHost and I don't have to pay for anything of it after my initial purchase.
#3 I couldn't get it to operate in karaoke mode making it worthless to test on my test machine since it does not have dual displays. At least with JustKaraoke, and others, you can test it out fully in karaoke mode without having to worry about do you have dual displays or not.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I would say it was developed by a singer that thought they had a good idea how to make a lot of money.

Should have hosted at least one karaoke show before you got smart.. :roll:
earthling12357

Post by earthling12357 »

In my effort to be brief, I'm afraid my original post came off too much like a sales pitch and less like a genuine request for input and opinion which is what I'm looking for. Although sales is the ultimate goal, web marketing is new to my friend and I'm trying to help him out with some feedback.

It's working well, because he's already redone the pricing system and dropped the yearly licensing.

I'd like to answer a couple of the other important concerns that have been raised.

This software has been in use by KJs scattered throughout the Central Time Zone for 6 years and has seen over 5000 live shows successfully. The KJs using it love it and have contributed through their suggestions to the many features of the program.

It is indeed a stand alone program with everything you need in the installation. True, WinAmp is integrated within the system, but because he has written his own plug-ins to be compatable with all versions of Winamp there has never been a problem.

At one time it was available in single display mode, he's adding that back in because you are right, that is important for those who want to test it on a single display machine. That should be available within a few days.

Thank you very much for your input!
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

earthling12357 wrote:It's working well, because he's already redone the pricing system and dropped the yearly licensing.

O.K. I'm pleased you've come back with a revised pricing system because, while KJ's will pay top dollar for good equipment/software, they will NOT agree to a system that requires yearly payment for upgrades.

Most software houses upgrade free untill there is a major upgrade, e.g. software at version 3.0 will be upgraded free untill there is a version 4.x issue.

I'd like to answer a couple of the other important concerns that have been raised.

This software has been in use by KJs scattered throughout the Central Time Zone for 6 years and has seen over 5000 live shows successfully. The KJs using it love it and have contributed through their suggestions to the many features of the program.

In this day and age, third party software should NOT be required to run a well designed application.

In particular, Winamp, in it's later incarnations is very unstable in respect of keychange and speed control and quite simply is no use for a competant show.

Sadly, all I can comment on this is that the KJ's that use it as it is, must be easily satisfied because other hosting programs make it look very poor.

Just Karaoke has a clean simple interface and uses very little processor overhead. It does everything your program does at a fifth the cost and has a much simpler GUI.

Karma, my hoster of choice, make yours look absolutely amatuerish in comparison and even at it's asking price is much better value for money.

It is indeed a stand alone program with everything you need in the installation. True, WinAmp is integrated within the system, but because he has written his own plug-ins to be compatable with all versions of Winamp there has never been a problem.

At one time it was available in single display mode, he's adding that back in because you are right, that is important for those who want to test it on a single display machine. That should be available within a few days.

Thank you very much for your input!
Sadly, your programmer needs to address many issues that are important to running a good show.

bells and Whistles are fine and good but they should be in the background, not "in your face".

The most important things that a KJ is looking for is a simple easilly usable interface and non fragile operation.

Sadly, none of these point appear to be addressed in your program.

As I said before, look at Just Karaoke and in particular Karma if your want to see how it SHOULD be done.

Best of luck,

Sandy
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

All I require is on, off, pause, restart the ability to search while playing a song and I would like a singer history feature.

I like to see the timer and time remaining.

key change buttons...

an automatic..when in karaoke mode... guide vocal remover when the discs are multiplex. That can also be turned off and on manually.
earthling12357

Post by earthling12357 »

I'd like to thank those of you who have downloaded and tried DigitalKJ on my recommendation.
And thanks to those who purchased it I know you will be extremely happy with it.

Version 6.0 has just been released with a few extra options.
It's a free upgrade to those who already own DigitalKJ and as always a free fully functional thirty day trial is available at: http://www.digitalkj.com/