Monitors to replace printed song books

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
watkins

Monitors to replace printed song books

Post by watkins »

Is there a way to use monitors to scroll through a song list for several singers at the same time to select songs instead of printing song books ?[/b]

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Is there a way to use monitors to scroll through a song list for several singers at the same time to select songs instead of printing song books?
Are you talking about a "karaoke lounge" type scenario where there would be monitors around the bar and at the tables?
watkins

Post by watkins »

Yes... This will be a bar setting.. having monitors in two or three areas or even setting up kiosks. Was originally thinking of setting up several inexpensive laptops but was curious what other people were doing. I wanted to stay away from printing song books.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

There is a program out there called Karaoke Song Finder. It is a kiosk style system hat gives you the option of either eliminating paper altogether by linking it to the Karaoke HOsts system or printing songslips via what looks like a label printer. I get back with a link to their site if there is interest. Sad thing is that the program costs almost as much as the "high end" Karaoke players that are out there. $169 ouch.
watkins

Post by watkins »

If you can get the link that would be great. The only thing I see is a service to shop for songs at various stores. I want something to read off of my own directory of songs and display a scrollable list for customers so they can write down a code or song and bring that to the stage...
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

watkins wrote:If you can get the link that would be great. The only thing I see is a service to shop for songs at various stores. I want something to read off of my own directory of songs and display a scrollable list for customers so they can write down a code or song and bring that to the stage...
there's a cheaper way. for $50 get Fast tracks plus and then download their viewer.
you can create your own kiosk that way.
you can get fast tracks at:
http://www.karaokeware.com/fasttracks.html

the more expensive version is found at:
http://www.songfinder.dkusa.com/

the Fast Tracks version allows you to try it before you buy it so you can get use to it as it has demos and the song viewer is free whether you buy the songlist maker or not.
I have a question? are you computerized or do you still use discs? Fast TRack can take a csv and create your list from your database.
watkins

Post by watkins »

Yes.. all computerized...
Thanks for all your help. I'll check out the demo and let you know the outcome.