bose L1 series

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
hhb119fist

bose L1 series

Post by hhb119fist »

anybody have any experience with these? the link is for the model 1 single bass, but would like to hear thoughts about anything from that series.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/sho ... le_pkg.jsp

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

no highs no lows must be bose is all I have heard about them and that they are great for monitors but not ideal for use as mains.
xskipper

Post by xskipper »

DanG2006, have you ever used one? if not than your opinion is wrong.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I am going by what I have heard from one former user from another forum. He stated that as mains they are lacking unless you place extra speakers throughout the room in power to handle a bar setting as mains but are perfect for moniters. He is the leading tech guy on that forum.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I have 2 of their surround systems in my living room. We used to do karaoke through them.

The vocals started cracking. Meaning they started to breakdown. If you feel like wasting you money and having to buy the right equipment later have at it.

They are not made for live vocals especially in a screaming drunk situation. For DJing only they might work. I would never use them for karaoke.

In fact I wouldn't by another Bose speaker system.

Everyone wants to buy cheap and small. Cheap and small sounds like it.

They probably sound wonderful set up in BOSE specially designed display room. There is no bar setting that has anything close to optimal sound requirements.

Get a real PA system that bands use.

Rememeber you asked us for a reason. If they were so good we would all have them instead of the 800 pounds of PA sysem I use.

99% of all the KJs people complain about have crappy sounding systems. They still make crappy PA systems too. So spend your money wisely.
billy2908

Post by billy2908 »

I tried it in the Bose store, I laughed when the sales played some music with it. At high volume the speaker wasn't even clear anymore, it's just an expensive compact machine. But other than that it's very rippy. And it's extremely overpriced.

Bose is really not for karaoke singing. For the same price you can get BMB Vocopro package system, for a better deal. It's bulkier but their sound quality makes a difference. I do acknowledge they have great home theater system but if you try a large karaoke gig with it it will die.