Last warning about this. PAY ATTENTION

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

No I carry them inside so that all I have to do is move the video cable over to the cdg player. I don't have it set so that I can switch between the two because I don't want to handle discs that aren't mine.

admaero

Post by admaero »

That is Kurt Slep's opinion. I emailed him about it and got an answer, that the only legal way to market or use karaoké was on the CD that you bought from him, which is contrary to the famous media backup decision, but who knows what strange laws the music companies have thrown on us? The last thing in the world they want is karaoké.

It's hard to get a straight answer about this stuff, even from our copyright lawyer, which is the only reason I have not gone forward with some music that I reproduced for karaoké. I own my work...who else owns what?

I wish I could just send the money to the original artists and writers and be done with it, but nothing is ever that simple.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

He will also have told you that after an audit he won't go after you if you transfer over to Hard drive. I know cause I got this permission. Right now I have three manufacturer's permission to use their products on my computer, SC, CB and Priddis.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

DanG2006 wrote:He will also have told you that after an audit he won't go after you if you transfer over to Hard drive. I know cause I got this permission. Right now I have three manufacturer's permission to use their products on my computer, SC, CB and Priddis.
Did they tell you this or is it in writing???

And don't tell me because you passed the audit it's OK...

If it's not in writing...you have nothing...
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I have it in writing by all three.