buying a legal loaded hd on friday:

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
DanG2006

buying a legal loaded hd on friday:

Post by DanG2006 »

I am purchasing a KJ Media Pro hard drive that contains 11000 locked songs for my system. Once I have it, I'll have the ability to update my songlist at will. With the credits I purchase before the show I can unlock the songs and only the songs that get requested immediately as they ask for it.
It works hand in hand with Compuhost so I already have the software to do it. I'm gonna be the only KJ in my area using both the HD and the kiosk setup.
One bummer is that for the KJ Media songs They won't be available for the kiosk until they are unlocked so I will still be taking song requests via verbal request.

spotlightjr

Post by spotlightjr »

Congrats Dan, Got mine about a week ago and have had a heck of a time getting it to work. Tonight was the first night we ran an entire show with the kj pro and had no issues. Unlocked about 5 songs and made ten bucks.
I am very impressed with the ease at which this system works. Gotta make sure I remember to update kj pro every week for new songs.
Let me know how it goes.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Yeah I have had it two weeks and have only unlocked 9 songs so far. May get more at my weds private party as they sing more diverse selections than what I get at my Friday gig. Gonna pitch the drive as something I have that no one else has and see if it gets me more gigs.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

WTF???

Here we go again... paying for every time you use a song? :roll:
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

Bigdog wrote:WTF???

I think this is a good idea, You don't keep paying for the same song, once you have payed for a particular song you can use it over & over again, no different to buying a track but in this case you only need to purchase it if you get a request for that track there on the night. When you think how many CD tracks you have to buy just to get one particular song, may never play the rest. I think this is ideal for someone just starting up, save laying a lot of money to start a collection.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

mr.dj wrote:

I think this is a good idea, You don't keep paying for the same song, once you have payed for a particular song you can use it over & over again, no different to buying a track but in this case you only need to purchase it if you get a request for that track there on the night. When you think how many CD tracks you have to buy just to get one particular song, may never play the rest. I think this is ideal for someone just starting up, save laying a lot of money to start a collection.
Exactly. Once I unlock a song by using a credit, It's mine. It's also easier to track as it has a code that shows up in the graphics that identifies the copy of Compuhost it came out of.
No need of an audit because the investigator sees the code and then all they have to check is if the code matches the player's code.
Great for those who are starting out and also great if you want to stop buying songs you will never use.
Some hosts are charging singers to unlock the songs. I'm not because if I did, I would be discouraging singers from trying something new.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

DanG2006 wrote:
mr.dj wrote:

Exactly. Once I unlock a song by using a credit, It's mine. It's also easier to track as it has a code that shows up in the graphics that identifies the copy of Compuhost it came out of.
No need of an audit because the investigator sees the code and then all they have to check is if the code matches the player's code.
Great for those who are starting out and also great if you want to stop buying songs you will never use.
Some hosts are charging singers to unlock the songs. I'm not because if I did, I would be discouraging singers from trying something new.

So how much per song?

To unlock one and for the entire HD?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The best deal advertised at this time is 100 credits for $150.00 which is of course $1.50 per song which isn't that bad. It would be nice if they offered larger volume discounts.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

The cost of the HD not including shipping is $199. But you get 50 free credits to start you out.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

11,000 songs X $1.50 =
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:11,000 songs X $1.50 =
The good thing about this is that you don't have to buy all 11,000 songs. You have them all at your disposal but you only buy the ones that you will actually use. Now they just need to make this a stand-alone operation that requires no particular hosting application.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

wiseguy wrote:
Bigdog wrote:11,000 songs X $1.50 =
The good thing about this is that you don't have to buy all 11,000 songs. You have them all at your disposal but you only buy the ones that you will actually use. Now they just need to make this a stand-alone operation that requires no particular hosting application.
I second that.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

So does this set up require you to be on the internet during your show? And have credit card transactions at the same time?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:So does this set up require you to be on the internet during your show? And have credit card transactions at the same time?
From what I understand you have the hard drive connected to your computer and unlock the songs on it with pre-purchased credits. No internet connection required.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

You purchase the credits online at home. The credits are used to unlock the songs at your shows no internet required at the shows.