Can Anyone Tell Me How To Run KAR Files on Karma

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
kjsubz

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Run KAR Files on Karma

Post by kjsubz »

I am a newbie. First off, I am amazed by the versatility and intuitiveness of Karma. It belongs to the league of iPod, iPhone, iPad ... iKroak :)

I have a lot of rare tracks for which I only have the kar files (good old .KAR midi format w / lyrics).

Anyone know how to run such files on Karma? Right now I am using KaraWin to run these when such requests come up but this is causing difficulties in keeping track of rotation for those singers.

Also I have a few tracks that are mp3 files with a static lyrics file so I would like to know if there was any way to make karma think that these mp3 files are karaoke tracks so it treats them as though someone is singing them so including them in the rotation.

Karma has every conceivable feature in my wishlist with the sole exception of search results populating as you type search letters but i'm glad it doesn't have it else there would be nothing to look forward to in de next release :p

Adios,

Subz

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I don't know what's good about the "good old .KAR midi format". I would never use midi karaoke in a professional environment. But maybe that's just me.

Anyway, Karma simply does not support the .kar format. Perhaps they could be converted to a supported format.

I have no idea what the "mp3 files with static lyrics files" are. You're going to have to explain these.
kjsubz

Post by kjsubz »

I only use KAR files when I don't have de better quality mp3+g track. In a worst case scenario, I need to run an mp3 file and use a lyrics text file as a guide. Both scenarios are rare but when I need it I really need it.

Can mp3 tracks be treated like mp3+g tracks by karma relative to placing it in rotation with a singer assigned like a normal mp3+g track? Right now I create a blank dummy template mp3+g track and rename it outside on windows explorer each time such a song comes up (so it gets into rotation) while I play the real KAR track on KaraWin.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi Subz
First up, you have my catagorical agreement on Karma being the best thing out there for Karaoke.

Unfortunately, from your point of view, possibly not if you look here;

http://www.latshawsystems.com/ProductDetails_Karma.aspx

You will find that Karma does NOT support Kar files, so the simple answer as to how to play Kar files with Karma is YOU CAN'T.

Sorry!

MP3 tracks with static lyrics are useless as Karaoke files, they MUST have the +G file associated with it, so again, no!

Your last point is interesting, Re. dynamic search as you type.

Earlier versions of Karma actually DID have this feature but since it became a requirement to have .NET Framework installed, this seems to have vanished. You now need to hit "Return" to show the search results.

I'd suggest you contact Latshaw Systems as I've always found them very helpful in the past.

If you do find a solution, please post it here, so we can all benefit.

Sandy
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Karma would be a better program if it wasn't a processer hog. None of the other top level programs use as much CPU when playing a karaoke file than Karma does. As for featuresI would give you that, But when it all comes down to it why use so much processor speed if you don't have to.

As for latshaw being helpful in the past, that has not been my experience. I have suggested a file format change and he basically shut down my copies of the software he had given me to use.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

DanG2006 wrote:Karma would be a better program if it wasn't a processer hog. None of the other top level programs use as much CPU when playing a karaoke file than Karma does. As for featuresI would give you that, But when it all comes down to it why use so much processor speed if you don't have to.

As for latshaw being helpful in the past, that has not been my experience. I have suggested a file format change and he basically shut down my copies of the software he had given me to use.
To a certain extent I agree with your comments, Re. processor power requirement and I have emailed Latshaw about this.

However, I found the processor overhead ONLY got high when switching between songs. Don't understand it but that's what I found.

As to lack of help from Latshaw, I couldn't disagree more.

I've contacted them on a few occasions and had nothing but courteous replies, every time.

Sandy.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

back to the subject at hand. I believe that Siglos Karaoke Professional will play .Kar files.