HDMI+RCA QUESTION

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
cp20111

HDMI+RCA QUESTION

Post by cp20111 »

Hi, here is my situation: I have an HDMI Laptop w/external HDD Karaoke songs, a Mixer w/echo and Key changer with RCA connection and a HDMI LCD TV already connected to my Home Stereo.
my purpose is a better picture and sound and take advantage of the echo and key changer features in the mixer.
Question: How to connect them?

the problem is the RCA mixer connection with the others.

THANKS

mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

To be able to use your mixer for the sound you should still have an audio out source on your computer like a mini jack normally for a headphone out so you would need a lead with the appropriate mini jack to RCA to connect.
If you use the HDMI out for your video source straight to your TV you will need to stop the sound going through the HDMI lead to your TV.
If you are using a windows 7 operating system then follow this procedure to make the sound card choose your audio out for the sound. Right click on the speaker icon on your task bar and select "Playback Device" when the dialog opens make sure the playback tab is selected. Now right click in blank area of this dialog and a window should pop up, tick the boxes for "Show disabled devices and Show disconnected devices" in the dialog click on the HDMI item and disable it. then select the Right click Speakers and select "Set as default"
Probably best to do this while the HDMI is connected to the monitor as then it will remember these settings. When done press Apply and OK.