Lyrics not showing

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
XEdzel

Lyrics not showing

Post by XEdzel »

This is for the program Karafun

I have two PC's one is a labtop and the other a desktop. The Desktop works perfectly with karaoke Cds but the laptop doesn't the lyrics from the CD don't show. I've tried looking at all the settings to match my pc exactly. Now, one of the songs i got with karafun was La Bamba and it works perfect on both the labtop and the PC lyrics and video. Can anyone please help.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

The problem may be the drive itself. My show laptop does not read the subcode off of the discs which contain the graphics. It's made by the only company that now does not work with CD+G's. I suggest an external drive.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
mnementh

Re: Lyrics not showing

Post by mnementh »

XEdzel wrote:This is for the program Karafun

I have two PC's one is a labtop and the other a desktop. The Desktop works perfectly with karaoke Cds but the laptop doesn't the lyrics from the CD don't show. I've tried looking at all the settings to match my pc exactly. Now, one of the songs i got with karafun was La Bamba and it works perfect on both the labtop and the PC lyrics and video. Can anyone please help.
Hi there.
it certainly sounds like your PC drive doesn't support CD+G.

Some people on here have little time for it but I'd suggest Googling for and downloading Nero Infotool (if you have Nero on your PC already, it should already be on it somewhere in the Nero folder).

When you run Infotool, it will examine any CD/DVD ROM on your PC and produce a huge amount of info on it.

You should find a number of checkboxes indicating compatibility with various formats, including CD+G.

If it's not checked, you might be able to write CD+G discs but you WON'T be able to play them.

If you decide to put a different drive in your PC, then as a rule, ALL Plextor drives and 99.9% of Sony drives are CD+G compatible.

There should always be a format description on the manufacturers homepage.

As for your "La Bamba" track, that's almost certainly an MP3+G file rather than a CD+G and the drive is irrelevant.

Sandy.
P.S. welcome to the forum. Please do come back.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Correction. the higher priced plextor drives work with cdg. The lower budget based drives no longer support CDG. And infotool is not accurate. My desktop will read and rip the subcode of a cdg but comes up in infotool as incapable of reading or writing cdg. The best way to check if your drive is compatible is to get the demo of siglos karaoke recorder. if that plays then it is capable.