buying a legal loaded hd on friday:

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Billy Bob Joe Bob 1958

Post by Billy Bob Joe Bob 1958 »

Hey Dan...a couple of questions:

(1) Now that you've been running your KJ Media Pro system for awhile, do you still like it? Any advice?

(2) How good is it on new releases? (The main reason I would buy it is to get easy access to new songs.)

(3) Your motto is SC first, CB second...but do you get both of those publishers with the KJ Media Pro / Compuhost system? (It's not just Sunfly?)

Thanks!

(I'm about to give my old system to my sons for Christmas -- they all have their own house together. So this would be a gift for me--a new laptop, new software, new songs.)

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Billy Bob Joe Bob 1958 wrote:Hey Dan...a couple of questions:

(1) Now that you've been running your KJ Media Pro system for awhile, do you still like it? Any advice?

(2) How good is it on new releases? (The main reason I would buy it is to get easy access to new songs.)

(3) Your motto is SC first, CB second...but do you get both of those publishers with the KJ Media Pro / Compuhost system? (It's not just Sunfly?)

Thanks!

(I'm about to give my old system to my sons for Christmas -- they all have their own house together. So this would be a gift for me--a new laptop, new software, new songs.)
1:I love it
2:they are as close to up to date as you can come. Although lately the releases are coming later and later.
3:KJ Media Pro is right now just Chartbuster only. Sunfly isn't licensable in the USA because of MCPS no longer covering the US. There is a move to add the entire SC library in addition to the GEM series to the drive.
Billy Bob Joe Bob 1958

Post by Billy Bob Joe Bob 1958 »

Do you find having only Chartbuster songs to be limiting? (Do you get complaints: "hey, where's sound choice?"

I'm about to pull the trigger on this thing...just covering my bases...
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I don't find it limiting at all. Aside from the KJMedia Pro I also have the entire GEM series. I am limited to just Sound Choice and Chartbuster because they are the only ones that I have permission to use on computer. If you just have the MEdia Pro you don't have to jump through the hoops to get legal.