This pretty much sums it up

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
wiseguy
Site Admin

This pretty much sums it up

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Well at least it proves I'm not a nut case... :roll:

If you want to believe there will be a recovery....I don't.

A touch screen song selector will not increase your business. Personal contact is the best way...

WOW..moving up to wireless microphones... :roll:

How about charging for bottled water and pop and beer at the same price during the entertainment hours.

I'm working on a career move as we speak...It's just like surfing...if you want to ride the waves you gotta be in the water...just remember the waves all end on a shoreline.

I will continue to ride the karaoke wagontrain...for how ever long that may be...If I find a 5th night I'll take it...but I'm not going to go looking for one.

I will be working on my comedy routine... :D On my off nights...

It's really ashame that it's all going to end... in the palm of everyones hand...

Buying new music may end up being a big waste of money.... I may just hold off on anymore updated music... Hope my crowds are happy with the selection I currently have...If the younger generation is going to be lead into other handheld directions and pass up the karaoke fun...why try to cater to a crowd that will never be?

This is really upsetting to someone that has been a karaoke purest all along.

Was I right in not promoting and catering to the dance crowds at a karaoke night?

I think as I predicted and warned about it is having a direct effect on the death of karaoke. Some of you may argue but facts are facts..

I know pure karaoke has no effect on the economy....I may end up having decent karaoke shows when it's all said and done.

You can't dance to your hand held device..you can't sing to your hand held device....it just loses something...

Another factor to consider...if Chartbusters has gone under...the rest won't be far behind...

It's going to be a business decision and that aways comes down to the bottom line. Nobody stays in business to lose money...(i.e. the bar I just lost)

Do not be surprised to see a domino effect on the karaoke music industry...

The music you have now will be all you have...very shortly...

It's going to be a business decision we will alll have to make...keep buying music for a crowd that isn't coming or waste money hoping it does...

I highly doubt the karaoke music producers will survive this depression...bars are dropping and that means KJs will follow and they will be followed by the karaoke music producers..

We all support each other...so suing KJs could be a very bad idea that totally backfires...
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

It costs a lot of money to keep suing people...day after day..

Lawyers are not cheap and they get 40% of the winnings...

Do we go to court or make & sell new music...??? :roll:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Buying new music may soon not be an option. There won't be any to buy. These companies that put all their focus on recouping losses and stopping pirates instead of producing and selling new music are going to disappear.

No doubt there is a rapid decline in the karaoke entertainment business but home karaoke continues to thrive. People are building home systems that rival the ones they sing on in bars.

Online karaoke sites allow people to make videos of their performances and have thousands of people listen to them. And they can interact in real time via the chat rooms. SingSnap has a chat room that's much like live karaoke where people take turns singing live on webcam.

It's not just the economy that is hurting the KJs. Its a combination of things.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Lets examine the online stuff...

These sites that put up videos of people singing...are they doing it legally?

Are they paying the royalties to do so.
That would require a payment to ASCAP/BMI and so on....

Now if I wanted to do the same thing...could I pay the ASCAP fees and be legal?

Or would it be considered not a commercial deal...I wouldn't be making money from posting singers on the net. But I did make the money from them singing while I was recording them...see where this is going?

Now another thing...I consider the under 30 people the "Connected Generation" (I just coined that phrase..)

They are going to not be interested in karaoke as much as the older people because their entertainment is in their hand...

So catering to them and gearing your show towards them is going to be a waste.

So what would be needed to keep the crowds you have now? The more apps and games and other ways to access new media is going to kill their desire to go to karaoke shows...I can see this coming and it's going to be faster than we think...

So with all the karaoke disc manufactures going down and out and no more music to purchase...what's the plan...??

If the crowd levels fall much lower...bars will be stopping karaoke nights....we won't need the music they won't be making...I also see and end to week night shows...weekends will be king...

You do know gasoline will be at least $4.50 or more in a month...

As a side note...I talked to a young man last night that works for a swimming pool company...he said already this year they have sold 3 $30,000 inground pools. That's just the pool price...doesn't include decks or cement work or any extras...that's at least a $50,000 project by the time you buy new furniture and stuff...

Now where do you think they will be spending the summer...doing karaoke???

I lost 2 jobs (gained 1) and I'm still taking cuts 2-3 days a week just to keep from losing them altogether...my guess is this summer season will tell the tale about how secure my fall and winter will be....

I'm not expecting much...I'm sure some bar owners will be making some tough decisions after summer ends..like do I really need karaoke...and these are week night jobs I'm talking about...the weekends will be more stable...

who ya gonna vote for...if it doesn't change...karaoke will for sure...