Need help selecting a good quality home karaoke system

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
JWtrue2U

Need help selecting a good quality home karaoke system

Post by JWtrue2U »

I hope I am not re-posting this, as I didn't see where it posted last time I tried. As you can tell I am new to this forum ;o)
I am also very new to Karaoke and looking to buy a quality home system
I am considering the Emerson Dv120 and wondering what your thoughts are, of if you have a suggestion. I am looking for a system that has the key control option, voice cancelling option which if you don't know let's you use regular songs and just reduces the volume of the vocals but not the music, also one that has a usb option so I can use music stored on my hard drive.

Thanks
Theresa

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Key changers and vocal eliminators have limitations.

Taking a key up or down 3-4 steps is about all you can get without screwing up the sound of the song...
But this is the range that most people need and use.

I sing many songs and a 1/2 step makes the difference between being able to sing the song or not.

Vocal eliminators work the same way. On some songs it will sound wonderful...on most it takes out too much of the music...

Most of us have switched over to computers and don't use disc players anymore. It sounds like it should be oK for your use.

But...this came out of the manual...

Due to variances in USB ,SD CARD Flash
Drive manufacturing and memory specifications,
we can not guarantee all USB, SD CARD Flash
Drive brands will work with this machine,
If problems arise, please try a different brand USB,
SD CARD Flash Drive.

It could have trouble recognising a hard drive...

I'm not a guru but some investigation may be required on your part as to how connecting your hard drive will work. If at all.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The Emerson Dv120 has a lot of nice features although I couldn't vouch for the quality of the brand having no experience with it.

Key control is a standard feature on virtually every karaoke disc player. They all work basically the same and do a good job if you don't make drastic adjustments.

I would recommend that you forget about the vocal cancel. This works on a very small percentage of songs and always degrades the music quality.

I assume that to use the music stored on your hard drive via USB you plan to copy the song files to a USB thumb drive. This should work out as long as the songs are in the mp3+g format.