Customer Loyalty

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

Customer Loyalty

Post by Bigdog »

Since the economy isn't going to get any better for a long time....

How do we maintain and increase customer loyalty?

Starting this Saturday I'm going to start asking every singer why they come?

I'm going to ask them what would make them come out more nights a week?

I'm going to ask them if there is anything I can do or change to make that happen?

Here is a problem that occures for all of us.

I have had over a hundred different jobs over the years. Most of them are not or were not close to my home. This means I have built up loyal singers from far away areas. I'm working 3 jobs now that are closer to my house than at any other time.

One of my farthest jobs was 32 miles from my house. These nights were very successful. But when the job ended the crowd will not and does not drive 30 miles to follow me. I can't blame them...

Also during the years I have noticed a strange occurance...any bar I ever played in had it's own crowd of singers and listeners that would show up on a regular basis. I wouldn't see any of these people at any other job...except for a handful of karaoke junkies that would go out several nights a week. Each bar drew it's own loyal following and that is where they wanted to be on that particular night. Nowhere else.

So now the problem becomes...how do we get these singers to come out more often when money seems to be the issue?

I refuse to buy drinks because of a liability issue. If someone would wreck and blame me because I'm "rich" to sue me.... :roll: Every business owner is rich..

The bar owners can not give away drinks...it's illegal.

I thought about doing an all oldies karaoke show again, but I don't want to lose any potential singers because they don't like oldies.

But I also think I might get a more loyal crowd if I did. Both in singers and listeners...

Many of my regulars have restricted their singing nights. I see them less often. I do have more singers coming to other jobs which is an increase from previous years..

I think I have lost many singers to smoking bars...if they are going out to sing on a more limited basis...they pick a place to sing and smoke. I also think I have lost many of the younger singers...but again most of them smoke.

My music is current but edited.. I know that cost me some singers, but these people I don't want.. All my jobs being nonsmoking means they are all family atmosphere places. Smoking bars can not have anyone under 21 ever...

I have created the best singing environment in the area with my sound system and quality and from not playing filler and dance music...a singer could not ask for more in that respect.

I have song slips from over 600 different singers from the last 5 years...where are they now? Many of these are from jobs I no longer do. They haven't followed me..

The places I play are nice big rooms and the sound is good.

I refuse to do a contest..

So the $64,000 survival question is...How can we get the singers to come out more often to more shows?

This was not a problem when the economy was good.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

When money is the main concern the people will go where they will get the most for their dollar. This usually means that the higher class bars, with big overhead expenses, that charge ridiculously high drink prices, are going to lose the most business. The highest quality karaoke entertainment won't change this fact.

That's why you find some poor excuse for a KJ packing the smaller not so fancy bars. The drinks are less than half the price than where you're playing. Don't be surprised to see some of your "former" regular singers at these places.

So how can we get the singers to come out more often to more shows? Do your shows in places where people get the most for their money. Nothing else will work until the economy improves drastically.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
djBe

Post by djBe »

See my post on bootleg KJs...educate your singers that they are hurting working musicians, engineers, producers and studios and have put the biggest karaoke makers SC and CB out of business. Many won't give a flying fart, but many will...many more people than you realize really do have good hearts. If presented with the facts they will NOt spend their money on a bootlegger. Good luck!
Visit my page on FB....Karaoke Karolina. Check out my store/studio/art gallery AXXTACY GUITARS & GEAR M-F 2PM-7PM, 5285 Main, Shallotte, NC. 910-795-9083
How to Build a Home Karaoke System