Bar Lighting and Crowds

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Bigdog

Bar Lighting and Crowds

Post by Bigdog »

Do you think the bar lighting has anything to do with the crowd size?

Do people like the bars to be dark or lit up....?

Any observations one way or the other?

Do you see bigger crowds in dark bars.

Which would you prefer?

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Dark poorly lit bars means more singers coming up to ask for your assistance in picking out songs for them to sing so I prefer well lit bars.
djBe

Post by djBe »

I try for as much control over bar lighting as the club is willing to give me...I hate bright blue-white neon lights and will turn them off if given a chance. I will put candles on the tables with my own money (no big deal, tea lights in little jar holders cost next to nothing but add ALOT of ambience and help shed light on the books) People use their phone-lights to see the books if bars are too dark. I use only two banks of four sound-activated lights that are so bright I aim them at the walls where the color bounces around to the music without blindingmy singers or the crowd...I don't like bars too bright or too dark, but comfortably lit and in such a way that it draws the eye to the singer and the stage. Also, I try to use a club TV closest to the stage for the crowd to see or bring my own TV - I ALWAYS have a TV for the crowd. And if its inthe same direction as the singer, it puts more eyes on the singer, they get a more fulfilling experience.

Lighting is crucial, most KJs could care less, put some color and flash in your shows and you will stand out! };=D
Visit my page on FB....Karaoke Karolina. Check out my store/studio/art gallery AXXTACY GUITARS & GEAR M-F 2PM-7PM, 5285 Main, Shallotte, NC. 910-795-9083