"Challenged" Singers

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
djBe

Post by djBe »

Cmon wiseguy "tweaking the mix" and "censoring" are two different things. I don't censor, and I treat challenged with extra kindness and care.

As any sound engineer will tell you, a "bad" or "harsh" signal of exactly the same decibels as "good" or "pleasant" signal will sound louder, so if you do any dial-twisting at all you are likely compensating for bad singers without even realizing it.

Visit my page on FB....Karaoke Karolina. Check out my store/studio/art gallery AXXTACY GUITARS & GEAR M-F 2PM-7PM, 5285 Main, Shallotte, NC. 910-795-9083
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

djBe wrote:Cmon wiseguy "tweaking the mix" and "censoring" are two different things. I don't censor, and I treat challenged with extra kindness and care.

As any sound engineer will tell you, a "bad" or "harsh" signal of exactly the same decibels as "good" or "pleasant" signal will sound louder, so if you do any dial-twisting at all you are likely compensating for bad singers without even realizing it.
What you wrote in the previous post was..
If a singer is really bad there is no unfairness in turning his vocal down somewhat and the music up a bit, that's simply skill on the dials.
To me that clearly suggests drowning out the singer. That is not "tweaking the mix" by my definition. Tweaking the mix is making sure EVERY singer is heard clearly. When you try to cover up a bad singer you are indeed censoring that person. When they ask you why they could barely hear themselves sing do you tell them you were just "tweaking them out of the mix".
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads