Still trying to find the right Kaaoke hardware to record

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
jnulr

Still trying to find the right Kaaoke hardware to record

Post by jnulr »

Here' one I've found that has some merit but I can't find any reviews on it.

Please take a look at this link and let me know your thoughts:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00309NB2M/ref ... B00309NB2M

It gives one the impression that you can sing with the lyrics and provide the ability to record while doing so and it has a built in mixer/amp.

Appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks! jnulr

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

From the product description:

"Now you can digitally record all of your performances in MP3 format using the Acesonic KJV-835 Mixing Amplifier. Whether you are singing, speaking or playing instruments, you can record your performances to the SD card and forever preserve your best performance for you or your singers. You can play the recorded MP3 track on your PC, on the amplifier, or post it online!"

More than just an impression to me. But this unit does not HAVE a built in mixer and amp... it IS a mixer and amp. You would need to plug your karaoke player into this unit.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
jnulr

Post by jnulr »

Hello again,

Here's the thing. I'm REALLY a novice when it comes to hooking up audio components so maybe it would help for you to know exactly how we are using our Karaoke equipment. Here goes:

I have a Win-7 laptop with an HDMI port that I have hooked up to a Sony Audio Receiver (which also serves our LCD TV). This allows us to use our big TV screen for the Karaoke lyrics. I then use an independent portable Amp that allows 2 mic input so our voices come through this portable amp only while the music/lyrics come through our TV sound system. When hooked up this way if we were to "mute" the laptop sound we would get no sound at all thus the music/lyrics sound is dependent on the laptop. The software I use on the laptop is Siglos which of course allows us to see the lyrics while we are singing as well as hear the music. So my quest is to be able to record our effort while singing which seems to me has to be via the laptop. So, I guess the question is "can we hook up equipment like you've referenced to the laptop"? If so, would I do this with a USB connection?

This has probably confused you more than ever but maybe it will be helpful in understanding what we want to be able to do.

Thanks!

Appreciate it very much.

jnulr
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

First let's take the video connection out of the equation as it has nothing to do with make an audio recording of a performance.

The biggest problem right now is that you have the karaoke music and the microphones (vocals) coming from two separate sources.

The music and the microphones must go through the same mixer so their volumes can be properly adjusted and the final mix could be output to a recording device.

You may be able to achieve this with the portable amp but I would need the make and model of the amp to find this out.