Built a cheap backup karaoke laptop

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
wiseguy
Site Admin

Built a cheap backup karaoke laptop

Post by wiseguy »

I just put together a backup karaoke laptop for under $100.00. My wife came home from a yard sale with a Pavilion ZV6000 laptop she bought for $40.00. It was dirty and had stickers all over it but it booted up just fine. It came in a case and had the original operating system (XP Home) and driver discs.

I cleaned it up, removed the stickers, and formatted the hard drive. Reinstalled XP and downloaded the latest audio and video drivers. Installed JustKaraoke, plugged in an external hard drive, and tested it out with a remote monitor. Worked perfectly!

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Well done that man!

WIsh I could pick up a laptop over here for that kind of maney.

Sandy.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Actually there are usually several used laptops on ebay for under $100.00 USD. One nice thing about JustKaraoke is that it's minimum requirements are standard on most laptops made seven or eight years ago.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

My show laptop runs a 1.5 ghz processor and cost me $100.00. Runs Compuhost flawlessly even though they say the program was made for a 1.6 ghz machine. Just goes to show that one need not buy the newest and most powerful laptop to run karaoke on.
Leikindawg

Post by Leikindawg »

Awesome !
How did you know what the latest audio and video drivers were and where did you download them from? And would it of worked with the older drivers do you think?

Getting started building a main and a back up karaoke laptop..
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

You should always update to the latest drivers. They were easy to find at the HP site. Most computer manufacturers have all their drivers listed in the support section of their site.