MP4 karaoke????

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
mnementh

MP4 karaoke????

Post by mnementh »

Just noticed the monthly SUnfly track list, below and note the download is available in MP4 format.

OK, call me confused!

Are there MP4 format karaoke players, or are they just played through a standard piece of MP4 player software?

Sandy.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

MP4 is supported by most handheld devices.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

My problem is that MP4, being supported on so many different devices leaves this format pretty much rubber stamped as "Pirate me now"!

At least MP3+G needs a bit of effort and applicable software to play it.

As has been proved already with DRO and MP3 files, the software hackers laughed their socks off at it and it was cracked within days of it coming out.

MP4, if protected in the same lame ass way will also be ripped off toute suite.

And when the manufacturers start bleating about it, I will be well to the head of the queue laughing my own socks off.

Sandy.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

Anyone with a computer can pirate any format that is available right now so I can't see this as being any worse as nearly everyone has a computer. I think it is to make it available to a wider audience, people can play them on their iphones or home dvd player or other portable devices. It gives the producer a bigger market share.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

mr.dj wrote:Anyone with a computer can pirate any format that is available right now so I can't see this as being any worse as nearly everyone has a computer. I think it is to make it available to a wider audience, people can play them on their iphones or home dvd player or other portable devices. It gives the producer a bigger market share.
Indeed it does.

But what happens later, when karaoke DVD's suddenly start appearing using MP4's converted to the format for use by KJ's and as you say, anyone with a PC will be able to do it??

Do the manufacturers then try to audit EVERYONE that has a DVD player?

I don't have any problem with the format but I DO have issues with manufacturers who place the gun firmly against their own foreheads and THEN have the cheek to whine when somebody helps them pull the trigger.

Sandy.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

I can play the mp4 format directly in my MTU Hoster program now without any conversion so they are already available to KJ.
I believe the karaoke cloud is an mp4 format as well but they are licencing them as home use only, but then a pirate wouldn't take any notice of that.
Bye the way I don't believe sunfly ask anyone for an audit.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

mr.dj wrote:Bye the way I don't believe sunfly ask anyone for an audit.
Sunfly have, I believe, a sensible attitude to people converting format.

They accept that their discs can be kept as a backup and the MP3+G's are used for general use.

Sandy.