New software from tricerasoft raises the bar

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.

Would you run a networked kiosk if it was affordable?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 7

DanG2006

New software from tricerasoft raises the bar

Post by DanG2006 »

Tricerasoft has outdone even themselves. They have released their Super Remote Request Tool and it is as good as the name suggests because you can use it with all the MP3+G hosting programs out there to get requests from a networked computer. I am willing to bet that if they wanted too they could create an Iphone app that will do the same thing.
Basically it is a standalone program that you create it's database by importing the files into the database. Then you install the program onto another computer, one you intend to network with your hosting computer and either run one of Tricerasoft's programs or the server tool and wallah you have instant request kiosk. No more slips, no more do you have such and such a song. With tricerasoft's programs, it drops the singer and their song into the que when the song is submitted. Using the standalone you still have to enter the songs and the singer into the que. Yes BigDog it is compatable, standalone wise with Sax& Dotty's. I think that you might even be able to drag and drop the song requests into RoxBox, although I ran out of trial time to test this.

soundtech

Post by soundtech »

what about compuhost is it compatiable i have been looking for this for a long time
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

I presume this is what you are talking about;

http://tricerasoft.com/SuperRemoteRequestTool.html

To be honest, other than the network request feature, it doesn't look like it does anything other than what most Karaoke hosting software already does.

This request, of course, requiring that you have a network connection handy in your venue, or use a wireless network.

The information on the Tricerasoft website, Re. the software is pitiful, to say the least, unless there is a link to a more detailed description I'm not seeing.

At a quick first look, I certainly won't be shelling out money for it, anytime soon.

Sorry,
Sandy
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I don't care if it can perform sex acts, :shock: I'm not interested. I have enough to worry about keeping the music computer working correctly. I don't need to worry about some drunk jerk spilling his drink on the computer or trying to screw up the computer on purpose. Look what they do to the rest rooms. They put drinks on my speakers and on my computer box now with me standing there. What will they do when you are looking the other way.

Nothing but trouble. Most KJs can't even keep their music computer running for an entire show.

If you have every version of every song listed they won't know which version you usually play. So if they have to talk to you for any reason at all during the night, it's a waste of time and you could have just entered their request yourself. Even being a 2 finger typer I would still rather do it myself. Besides it gives me an opportunity to have some personal eye contact with them and also some chit chat. Too impersonal when they enter their songs.

Next you will want to sit on your couch and run the karaoke show from your cell phone while you watch American Idol. :roll: :lol:
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

soundtech wrote:what about compuhost is it compatiable i have been looking for this for a long time
You would still have to type but the standalone version is what will work with most MP3+G softwares. Think Karaoke Songfinder's way of doing it. You get the request from the client onto the server(computer that has the hosting program on it), type in their name and song info or drag & drop if your software program will allow it and you have eliminated slips altogether. Gives you more time to give encouragement to the ones wavering in their willingness to put one in. I have been doing the Song Station for several months and it has freed me up to be even more available to my customers. I can't imagine how much more available I will be once I add this. Of course I am switching from Compuhost to JustKaraoke so that the songs go right into the que.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

mnementh wrote:I presume this is what you are talking about;

http://tricerasoft.com/SuperRemoteRequestTool.html

To be honest, other than the network request feature, it doesn't look like it does anything other than what most Karaoke hosting software already does.

This request, of course, requiring that you have a network connection handy in your venue, or use a wireless network.

The information on the Tricerasoft website, Re. the software is pitiful, to say the least, unless there is a link to a more detailed description I'm not seeing.

At a quick first look, I certainly won't be shelling out money for it, anytime soon.

Sorry,
Sandy
#1 it is not a player. You still need a player for it to be any good for you. It is so easy to use you barely need a manual to figure it out. the hardest part is setting up communication between two or three computers. You can either hardwire it or go wireless. If you go wireless then you can possibly have as many kiosks as you want.
mikey

Post by mikey »

In a similar fashion, AutoKDJ, one of the best karaoke hosting programs out there IMHO, has a network-able kiosk solution that adds singers directly into the queue of the host machine. So it works in the same way as the remote tool coupled with just karaoke but the interface is much nicer with AutoKDJ kiosk program.

See a video of the kiosk in action here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejHdwa-5 ... r_embedded
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I'd still choose a standalone over any winamp based software due to poor key changer and the fact that only RoxBox has a multiplex feature in the winamp based programs.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

mikey wrote:In a similar fashion, AutoKDJ, one of the best karaoke hosting programs out there IMHO, has a network-able kiosk solution that adds singers directly into the queue of the host machine. So it works in the same way as the remote tool coupled with just karaoke but the interface is much nicer with AutoKDJ kiosk program.

O.K. I reckon I'm a fair guy, so thought I'd give AutoKDJ a whirl.

Opinion??

Complete rubbish!

I'd quite frankly rather just run Winamp with the CD+G & Pacemaker plugins than waste my time with this waste of space.

Total pain in the butt to set up and in all honesty more bother than it's worth.

On first view, the Karaoke Kiosk seems a good idea until you get some prat who can't make up up his/her mind what to sing and hogs the screen while others are waiting. Says a lot for a good book system anyday.

Sorry Mikey, but I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than use AutoKDJ.

Sandy
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

mnementh wrote:
mikey wrote:In a similar fashion, AutoKDJ, one of the best karaoke hosting programs out there IMHO, has a network-able kiosk solution that adds singers directly into the queue of the host machine. So it works in the same way as the remote tool coupled with just karaoke but the interface is much nicer with AutoKDJ kiosk program.

O.K. I reckon I'm a fair guy, so thought I'd give AutoKDJ a whirl.

Opinion??

Complete rubbish!

I'd quite frankly rather just run Winamp with the CD+G & Pacemaker plugins than waste my time with this waste of space.

Total pain in the butt to set up and in all honesty more bother than it's worth.

On first view, the Karaoke Kiosk seems a good idea until you get some prat who can't make up up his/her mind what to sing and hogs the screen while others are waiting. Says a lot for a good book system anyday.

Sorry Mikey, but I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than use AutoKDJ.

Sandy
Add to it unless you unzip your songs and tag them or use their naming convention which is totally different from any standard method, you are going to get the info in the wrong field.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I have a hard enough time keeping to queue correct by myself.

With 20-30-40-or more singers entering their own songs who is going to be able to run the rotation fairly and easily?

What about the people that fill out song requests for their stupid friends that don't or won't sing? What if you have some jerk adding fake songs all night just to screw with you? I can clearly picture it. 30 fake names in the queue. You will look like a total jerk and your show will lose quality trying to figure out the real singers. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Screwing with the KJs rotation will be more fun than singing. :shock: :lol:
bigjohn1

Post by bigjohn1 »

I must say if you cant get through a night with out a problem your not very good with computers and should stay with disk and player.

Compuhost has a doogle thing so thats out for sure hate that crap
Dont like Swift elite but lots use it for me yuk
The best hosting program out there still to date is Video hoster bar none the lite is 98 bucks.

Next is Karma good simple program.
Siglo works fine also
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

bigjohn1 wrote:I must say if you cant get through a night with out a problem your not very good with computers and should stay with disk and player.

Compuhost has a doogle thing so thats out for sure hate that crap
Dont like Swift elite but lots use it for me yuk
The best hosting program out there still to date is Video hoster bar none the lite is 98 bucks.

Next is Karma good simple program.
Siglo works fine also
That's funny. I don't use a dongle for Compuhost but I have the latest version that did away with the dongle.
Hate Video Hoster and it's special format. Can't search dj songs with it.
Karma uses too many resources.
Siglos is ugly.
Compuhost and JustKaraoke gets my vote as to the best out there. Prefer how CompuHost works over JustKaraoke but if you want a kiosk that allows your singers to add to their Que from a satellite computer then JustKaraoke rocks.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Compuhost will soon have it's own kiosk software. It's too bad that you can't post pictures on here or I'd post some screen shots. I know I'll upload them to my site and you can access them via the www down below.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Just bought the Compuhost kiosk. They even took a suggestion from me to make it better.