numark dual tray player

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Markm

numark dual tray player

Post by Markm »

I have a powered mixer, they say this unit attaces to powered speakers, is there a way to get this unit to work on my powered mixer

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Which model #?
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

A powered mixer does not need powered speakers. The Numark is just a player and will connect like any other player. Typically with a dual RCA cable.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

wiseguy wrote:A powered mixer does not need powered speakers. The Numark is just a player and will connect like any other player. Typically with a dual RCA cable.
I have to say the original post is a bit ambiguous, to say the least.

You post (quoted above is quite correct) but possibly also possibly not definitively correct.

My Behringer PMP3000 power mixer, for example, has specific additional output connections for attachment to extra "active" speakers.

As I said, the original poster needs to clarify what he really is asking???

Sandy
Markm

Numark kmxo2

Post by Markm »

OK let be a bit clearer, I am using a powered mixer and all my music is on a hardrive, and I use regular speakers. my brother has chosen to go with JBL powered speakers and using disks only, when we got together and tried connecting his player, it would not work, the manual states connect to powered speakers, there is speakers output jacks, and rca output jacks, what we did was connect the rca jacks to an input on my mixer, we are getting together this coming week-end and I thought maybe running from his speaker output to inputs on my my mixer may work,
mnementh

Re: Numark kmxo2

Post by mnementh »

Markm wrote:OK let be a bit clearer, I am using a powered mixer and all my music is on a hardrive, and I use regular speakers. my brother has chosen to go with JBL powered speakers and using disks only, when we got together and tried connecting his player, it would not work, the manual states connect to powered speakers, there is speakers output jacks, and rca output jacks, what we did was connect the rca jacks to an input on my mixer, we are getting together this coming week-end and I thought maybe running from his speaker output to inputs on my my mixer may work,
O.K., let me try and understand what you have

1) power mixer
2) pair of ordinary "passive" speakers
3) hard drive system
4) disc system with low level output (jacks + RCA sockets)
5) pair of JBL "active" speakers.

This appears to be the sum of the quoted text above? Yes?

If you intend to perform a combined gig with your brother and use HIS discs, rather than your hard drive system, IMHO, it would simpler to connect his disc system into your mixer and your "passive" speakers. I simply wouldn't mess around with other changes.

Really all you have to do is substitute HIS disc system for YOUR hard drive system

Sandy
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The speaker outputs on the Numark are not powered and this is why the manual says to use powered speakers with these (you're simply bypassing a mixer this way).

Connecting the RCA outputs to the RCA inputs of the powered mixer is the the correct way to do it and should have worked if there are not some other issues going on.

Even if your brother uses powered (active) speakers he should still go through a mixer. The Numark has limited audio adjustment.
Markm

Post by Markm »

I will try it again, Sandy we are not using his speakers when we get together, he wants to use his disks, even though I have all his songs on my hardrive, so the RCA output to an input on the mixer should work, Thanks, we'll try that again this week-end.