Stage lights

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Markm

Stage lights

Post by Markm »

We are getting ready for a major party, we have yet to add stage lights, all we need for now is something we can shine a spotlight on the singer and colored lights for background, the lights would be operated by the person running the board, when looking at light selection, there is alot to choose from, later we may add lights that are for the audience for dancing etc. but for now something that would replace the old spotlight, blue, red and green lights, what do you suggest,

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Most of us don't use lighting. :shock:
Jazzman

Post by Jazzman »

I think stage lights are cool to use. I have a set of four can lights with different colors set on a beam stand with a controller that will dance with the music, or various combinations (have two old controller units).

I have some professional equipment that was given to me that I am trying to get to work. I have no experioence with the equipment. A professional club system, rack mounted gear, mixer, reverb, mixing board, VHS player, loader, amp, floor stage monitors, controller, but no TV monitor. The system is 1983 vintage. I am looking for the O&M manual for a "Edit-A-Vision" CDG-333 graphics controller.

I have a music studio and I use lighting to create the mood. I think it is a good idea. Get yourself into the singers frame of mind. The idea is to have some fun and make the singer/s feel all of the sensations.

My opinion.

Jazzman 8)
mwadeson

Post by mwadeson »

so there is alot of different combinations you can use for lights i have 8 par 46 cans on two T-Bar stands with a 8 channel controller i can turn one on all on make them chase and react to music i also just added a 15 foot truss system with 6 computerized scanners that react to music or i can run them off my computer depends on the situation i am in if i am at a college bar i bring out all the lights they seem to love it
mwadeson

Post by mwadeson »

the 8 cans i use i have different colors of gel that i use some of the better ones are Bastard Amber (kinda Orange) Red, Purple, and a green or yellow
Jazzman

Post by Jazzman »

Mine is a 5 channel controller. I have two controllers. One day I had taken apart one of the controllers just to see what was inside.......good thing I did, there was a screw driver in the box laying across all of the exposed terminals. That would have lit up a lot of things.......including myself. Now who in the heck wuld do a dumb thing like that!!!

I removed the screw driver.........whew!

Jazzman
mwadeson

Post by mwadeson »

i kinda had the same thing the other day my sound board was acting kinda funny so i took it apart to give it a good cleaning and found a paper clip and a staple in there laying on some of the circuit boards how it didn't short out i am not sure
djBe

Post by djBe »

Right now I use two banks of four american dj leds, about $70 each, they go to the music, are lightwight and store in a little leather suitcase. very cool. a bit of oundactivated, plus candles, goes along way...trust me...
Visit my page on FB....Karaoke Karolina. Check out my store/studio/art gallery AXXTACY GUITARS & GEAR M-F 2PM-7PM, 5285 Main, Shallotte, NC. 910-795-9083