PA SYSTEMS?

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
wahrenjie

PA SYSTEMS?

Post by wahrenjie »

Hi folks. I've decided to chuck my vocopro mixer and start over. I was running karaoke through my home theater system for years and always wondered why my wife and I sounded so much better at the bar. After reading the threads here, now I understand. No one really posts what pa systems they use at home and I'm nervous about buying a dud. I'd really like to keep it under $400 if possible and this is for home use only. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

this should be good for home use:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/pr ... sku=630485

It's not big name but the price is well within your budget.

If you're looking for better then Musician's Friend has those as well.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Congratulations on making that discovery.

Unfortunately $400 isn't enough to buy a quality PA system that includes all the parts needed. Pro sounding bar systems aren't $400 or even close.

If you want something that sounds good, has quality and will stand up for a long time you will need to add more money.

Home theater stuff can't handle the live vocals. The speakers can't really either.

Mucisians Friend the link provided above has other complete PA system packages.

I would look at something $800-1500 range. It will make a big difference.

How serious are you about home singing? Let that be your guide. They take payments.
wahrenjie

Post by wahrenjie »

I settled on the Samson Expedition XP308i Portable PA System from Sam Ash. Tried it out today, it sounded pretty good. I'm happy with it. The only problem is it doesn't have a vocal canceler for some of my karaoke tracks. Hopefully I'll figure something out. Thanks for the responses. :)
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

wahrenjie wrote:I settled on the Samson Expedition XP308i Portable PA System from Sam Ash. Tried it out today, it sounded pretty good. I'm happy with it. The only problem is it doesn't have a vocal canceler for some of my karaoke tracks. Hopefully I'll figure something out. Thanks for the responses. :)
If you can eliminate the vocals by turning a balance knob to the left or right so that sound is coming out of one speaker that should indicate that some of your karaoke tracks are multiplexed. I have a few like that.

What type of player are you using? CD+G or PC. If PC then you can fix your problem for $25. Justkaraoke has multiplex buttons that can eliminate the guide vocals on a multiplex song. www.tricerasoft.com is their website.
wahrenjie

Post by wahrenjie »

I'm using a "singing maching karaoke player" with the sound run to the mixer and the video to the tv. The mic mixers I used in the past with my home theater system had voice cancel.